Total knee replacement burning after surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was so glad to read all your articles and know that I wasn't alone that other people are having the same problems I am I had my total knee surgery January 29th I'm walking without a cane or Walker but I still have lot of burning around the left side of my knee and nothing seems to help it and I seem to get tired really easy when walking I just want to get back so I can dance thanks again to be able to read all your articles

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I too had mine Jan 3. The inside of my knee hurts as well. Also my hip and thigh. I'm like you just want to be back to normal. How much longer? Are you still taking pain meds? I'm not, but I am struggling,. Was up most of the night last night with a lot if pain. Need rest..

• Posted

I had mine Oct 30. Still get tired, still have burning sensation and still have night pain. My Dr said it can take 12 months to get to normal.😕

• Posted

I'm still on a couple of my medications gabapentin and meloxicam I only take Hydrocodone if I really really need it I would like to take more Tylenol but not sure how much I can take now that I'm off the hydrocodone like you I'm also in some pain more burning than anything it's crazy my second toe on the leg that I had the total knee replacement burns and I have no idea why this is started . if I'd have known before surgery what I was getting into I think I might have thought twice I definitely know if ever my other knee needs to be replaced I don't think I would do it I would like to go on vacation in June but scared with his knee whether I can fly or be gone for a while but again I have to say it's so good to know that I'm not going through this alone hope you're feeling better

• Posted

My left foot and toes have been swollen for three months now and all they say is it's "NORMAL". My 6 month Appt is April 26 and at tHat time my right knee is being xrayed as it is hurting all the time now. Last time it was xrayed it showed I had a little space left. Can't wait to see what it shows now. Fun fun. Someday hopefully we can all say how great we feel.😅

• Posted

Hi i just got my total knee replacement on the 11 DEC 2018 and in so much pain and burning and itching round my knee i am having problem trying to bend and pain meds dont work on percocet 4-5 HOURS I ICE IT i can walk good but its driving me crazy . How are you doing ? Did you manage to fly ok ? Can yiu bend your knee ? THANK YOU

• Posted

HI colleen,

I had a total knee done Feb.13,2019, and I like you,had np idea how terribe the rehab process was going to be. I had a cyst in my knee, so they had to remove the cyst and fill the hole with bone chips before they could put the new joint on top of it..thus adding to healing time. i am getting so tired of being in pain.. A few days ago, I started getting burning pain down the front of my leg, and it just doesn't stop.

My question to you is this..When did your pain go away? How are you doing now?

Any tips on dealing with the pain?

• Posted

I found a lot of useful information on these forums from first hand experience, which is the best. I think everyone has underestimated the scale of discomfort and mind damage of the operation. 
    • Posted

Amen! It mentally and physically exhausting. 14 weeks out and last night I was up all night . Bed, sofa, bed, sofa, tub, bed, sofa. All night.
    • Posted

Amen to that . It has been mentally and physically debilitating .
  • Posted

Wearing shorts helped. The burning sensation seemed to be aggravated by trousers rubbing.

Mike

• Posted

I’m ending my 9 th week after a medial rpkr and the muscles must’ve been split and stitched back because the muscles below and above my knee are so taut that I am in severe pain when I try to walk . Stretching doesn’t help . I just wish I could walk without pain.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.