Total Knee Replacement Revision

Posted , 5 users are following.

My date is set to get my TKR revised. December 28th. I am excited and nervous at the same time. But to possibly put 16 months of unnecessary pain behind me and being misdiagnosed for 12 of those months by the surgeon, makes it all worth it.

I left my network, returning to my old practice in PA, to get this done.

Any advise and prayers it all goes well will be appreciated.

4 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hellošŸ˜Š i had mine done in March,it hasn't been a great experience to say the least! just this Tuesday i had a manipulation &arthroscopic surgery done bc of scar tissue! The biggest difference between my tkr& the manipulation has been this CPM! It has been such a big help in my flexibility & stiffness!! ask ur surgeon to send u home with this machine & u probably will heal much faster! good luck,Peace and blessingsā¤

• Posted

loved the CPM machine. I had it for 3 weeks, wish I could have afforded to have it longer.

• Posted

I wish you luck terri šŸ˜ƒ

I've had two TKRs but no revision so can't give any advice except to stay with the positive attitude.

It must be a relief that you are finally getting it done!

• Posted

I am so interested in your revision. I had my TKR in Jan. 18, and a second arthoscopic surgery two months ago to clean out scar tissue and manipulation. ROM is good, but it still hurts !!! Please keep us posted! And if I may ask, what made the surgeon decide to do a revision??

• Posted

Different surgeon is doing revision. My old ortho practice in PA is doing it bc 1) it is not in correct position. That has caused bone spurs n bursitis. Bc not in correctly, its going to wear out much faster and continue to give me more and more trouble.

I live in MD now n a local guy took my partial to full

I will always defer to my old practice as they continue to redo what other drs screw up

• Posted

Yeah, I had to get another ortho to do my arthoscopic surgery and manipulation, as I had my TKR in a teaching hospital, and you know what that means....! Hope this surgery does the trick for you...

• Posted

Martha, I have never had an issue with a teaching hospital. As a matter of fact the surgeon who will be doing my upcoming revision was trained by my old surgeon. i have heard where residents operate under the supervision of a surgeon but my surgeons have always done the actual surgery and not the student. I think it just depends on where you go. Thanks for the well wishes.

• Posted

I have since found out that I could have had it in writing that the surgenon, not the resident , do the surgery. I just ASSUMED he would do it.... I have learned my lesson.

• Posted

Prayers for a healthy recovery!

My TKR is scheduled for Dec 19th. I had a PKR in Sep 2015 followed by a revision in Feb 2016.

Let's keep in touch!

• Posted

i started out w/ a partial in 2014. Good luck!! pls let me know how you do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.