Total knee replacements 6weeks apart

Posted , 5 users are following.

Much higher pain level in right knee 6 weeks after TKR in left

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I only had one TKR but from following the discussions on this site for months now and I have two friends that had a TKR on both knees (one at same time and other a year apart) that seems to be the norm, one knee heals/responses differently.
    • Posted

Thanks man.  I figured as much. I was prepared for a lot of pain and the first one was about what imagined. I know it’s still early but I can’t find any comfortable position. It’s ridiculous pain. Pulling my hair continually 
  • Posted

Is there anything that might account for this eg any sign of infection, swollen ( heat just now is a factor Physio told me other day to ice and elevate above hip level more often in this weather)? Afe painkilkrrs controlling it or not? If you’ve any concerns do talk to health professional ASAP. 
  • Posted

I am almost 6 months post TKR and at times still have pain and discomfort.  At least now it is mostly when I overdo it.  I slept in a recliner for almost 3 months.  There was no way I could of slept in a bed but some folks talk about using pillows to put under and between your knees.   Even now there are some nights I just say forget it and get up and sleep on the recliner.    But yes, ice and elevation are the best.  The hospital where I had my surgery sent me home with a Cryo Cuff Knee Cold Therapy Machine like you can get on Amazon it was/has been a life saver for me.  I still use it after a long day on my feet.  You might want to check it out...there are a bunch of different models.  
    • Posted

I'm almost 6 mths out also and still have pain, swelling and the damn knee is stuck at ROM 100.  What's yours.?   Is it obvious to you that you made a good decision having this surgery?  I wish I had not!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.