Total proctocolectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

**I had a total proctocolectomy 3 years ago and havent had any problems since until 3 weeks ago now i am in so much pain, i have been to the hospital 4 times and had a CT scan on saturday, they told me my intestine is very swollen and inflamed , i was told to go back today which i did to be told they wouldnt give me antibiotics and won't refer me to gastro, i am going to telphone my GP tomorrow and tell her what has happened since i saw her last week, since the pain started blisters have came up all over my legs and arms, the pain is really bad went the waste is going in to my stoma bag it is like a stinging feeling that travels from the stoma to the left side of my stomach, i am just wondering if anyone can give me any adice please. Thank you **

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have a stoma aswel due to sudden chrhons had it for 2 years now .I haven't had any of the symptoms you've had only problem I get is that stump that was left after surgery has flared up a few times and the pain is horrendous people that don't have chrhons will never understand the sever pain I have seen myself biting down on towels over the pain to try control the pain .so think it's a disgrace you want be given any antibiotics or referral shocking . anytime I've had problems and went to hospital they hit me with steroids and send me home with steroid tablets normally two month dosage . think they should be doing something like this for you .hope you get sorted pal best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.