Total Reconstruction Foot surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone have total reconstruction foot surgery?  I'm having surgery done in September for a 9mm tear in my posterior tibila tendon.  Since my foot is flat and i don't want to tear it again they suggested total reconstruction.   I hope I will be able to do most of my non impact exercise after all this is healed up.  I"m looking at a year or sooner.  I'm expecting a year since I've gone thru hip surgery and know what to expect.  Any input would be much appreciated...   

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Did you have flat feet prior? I injured my Ptt but no tear and it dropped my arches. Took while for my brain to adjust to having “new feet”. 

Not sure what you mean by total reconstruction? They’re clearing fixing the tear, but are they trying to raise ur arch?

Heard that surgery is a doozy and yes, can talk a year

• Posted

Yes both of my feet are flat, the left one is worst than the right.  

Total reconstruction is fixing the tear, adding a cadaver bone to lift the arch then realigning my heal.

I'm not looking forward to this at all, believe me.  If i hold off it will not heal itself and if i only get the tear fixed then it could happen again.   I'm middle-aged and still have a lot of life left in me.  I might as well take care of business now....ugh :-(

• Posted

After you raise arch on one side wont u need other foot arch raised? 

My arches flattened too so I live in orthothic and strengthen my feet when I can.

Yeah.. I know how it is to have foot injury. But I agree do it now while you can heal faster

You can do this!

• Posted

Funny you should say that, yes I'm concerned about the other foot.  Will see in time what happens in time.  I'm going to be wearing a foot brace to help support it while the other foot heals.  Hope this helps!  lol

• Posted

I am actually scheduled for foot surgery next week for flat feet. My pre - op was today. I will be in the hospital for one night. She said I will have a lot of pain in the first 48 hours so keeping on on pain meds is crucial. She is also having me do lovenox shots for thirty days. This is a blood thinner to prevent blood clots. I am having osteotomy of calcaneus. I will definitely post to let you know how things went .
    • Posted

Best of luck to you!  My surgery is out patient so no over night stays.Yes please keep me posted, I really appreciate it.  Thank you and prayers being sent for a successful surgery!
    • Posted

Well I am a little over one week post op. I am having a lot of pain still. The surgery went well. Thank God I didn't have to spend a night in the hospital. I had my first post op last Friday which went great. I am still having to give myself shots to prevent blood clots. Have you had your surgery?

• Posted

I'm happy to hear your surgery went well, that's great news!  My surgery is this coming Wednesday, the 5th of September.  I will have my first post op two weeks after surgery and thats when they will put the cast on my leg.  Two months with a cast is a long long time, not looking forward to this, but gotta make the best of it !   Never hear of giving oneself  a shot for blood clots.  For my hip surgery I just took aspirin to prevent blood clots.  Is this something new?  

• Posted

Wow! Yours will be tomorrow. Well I want to wish you well. You will do just fine just follow the docs orders. I think my doctor is very proactive so that was the reason for the shots. I have my 2nd post op this Friday so I'm going to ask her if I can stop the shots. It is no fun. Lol...lol. When you are feeling better please check in and let me know how things went with you surgery.

• Posted

sorry for not responding sooner. dislocated my hip after foot surgery, doing better now.

seeing foot doctor this thursday and hopefully getting rid of walking cast. next challenge is finding wide shoes to fit my swollen foot. how are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.