Totally exhausted and imbalanced!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all...

So I went, yet again, to my doctor yesterday... 

Told her I have no quality of life and that the 2nd lot of patches I'm using don't seem to help. I thought they were too strong so I cut them in half - now I ache SO BADLY I just want to cry!! I've just put another on but not cut it in half to see if it will help but I just seem to be treating myself in a very hit & miss style! My doctor isn't sure what to recommend so is going to get a pharmacist colleague to look into it regarding alternatives... I mentioned Bio's but she wasn't clued up on them, I don't even know what my hormonal situation is as I can't have blood tests as that's not how the NHS works... apparently it's judged on symptoms and how a person is feeling?! 

Well I'm so tired, I hurt, can't think straight, am forgetful and I just can't function!! I'm 46 and feel 90... that's how I'm feeling! I've been on HRT for nearly 6 months now and I feel I should be feeling the benefits by now if I'm going to surely?? If not, maybe it's just not for me but I can't carry on like this?! It's just a vicious circle and one that could last for years and years!! So upset, I'm sorry to rant. I just don't know what to do for the best... it hurts to do anything.  😪

AJ. xx

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi AJ,

Has your doctor suggested oral hrt at all? The patches just didn't work for me and sent me totally off the rails. I,m sorry to hear that someone of your age should be suffering so much. See if you can go onto hrt by mouth and see if that helps?

• Posted

I didn't want to take oral tabs as I was worried about the blood clot risk and the drugs in the patches bypass the liver so reducing the risk... however I'm not getting on well at all. sad

• Posted

What type of patches are you using?
    • Posted

I've now used Evorel and Femseven... I'm currently using Femseven as the progesterone in Evorel gave me really bad PMT and mastitis type pain! sad

• Posted

iv just changed from everol to fem 7 and im feeling realy tierd on them were as i wasnt on the other one i only changed cos dr thought it would help me as i keep spotting all through the month but im still spoting on ithird day of this one. and this patch has fallen off already first on one second day it fell off the other ones stayed on. not paying for patches to just fall off all the time . just wish id stop spotting i hadnt had a period in three months when i first went on everol which was three months ago. i may go back this week and ask for the everol back . if im going to spot anyways. as i felt great otherwise on them no tierdness no sweats
    • Posted

Hi there, 

Yes the fem 7 don't stick as well,  someone told me to press them to the skin for around 3 minutes as this aided sticking and it has helped. 

I feel really tired too on them and achey all over where as I didn't on Evorel... I had to come off Evorel though as the progesterone side of it gave me such bad symptoms... could just do with my head screwed on a younger new improved body really!! 

Not sure what to say about your spotting as I hadn't had a period for a year until the Evorel but now they're back each month - no spotting in between though... it's all trial and error isn't it?! 

AJ. x

• Posted

i feel real tierd since changing and iv started with a tiny blister rash to and keep getting prickly pain in different parts on my skin. must be the fem seven im going to go back see my gp i think and get the other oatches i didnt have a prob with them exept spotting all the time althoe i did get a bad headach for a few days when i went on the conti patch im still losing pink when i wipe so sick of wearing tampax and stuff all the time. but i dont want to be sweati g and tierd all the time either so rather just bleed, also it cured my driness down below. im fedup i dont know what to do. its not fare is it. what i dont get is if our bodys are lacking in these homones then why do we get probs when we take homones to replace what we lost when we didnt have this prob when we had the homones naturaly i just dont get it.
    • Posted

You're quite right and you'd think we'd feel much better for replenishing our hormones but unfortunately I guess these are now synthetic hormones we are introducing to our body and not natural so that causes issues for some (like you and I) whereas others are great on them, we're all unique and what works great for some - doesn't for others... my mom was great on them, a new woman - I am not😩!! There are bio identical hormones available but on the NHS it seems they are not recommended first line/choice... in the US it seems more accepted. Plus over here we don't have regular lab/blood tests (or at least my GP doesn't) to check hormone levels  so I have no idea whether my hormones are in line using patches or not! There again I heard of one woman in the US whose hormones were checked & totally in line using HRT but she felt terrible! 

It's is just horrible though as I have no idea what's happening regarding my levels but I don't feel good and I'm a totally different person to pre menopause and I hate it. I just want my life back!! 

Re your spotting, I wonder if you should be referred to gynae for an exploratory exam? Not nice I know but that'd poss clear the prob as I've heard of others needing this? 

Hope you get sorted soon. 

Hang in there. 

AJ. x

• Posted

i got checked last year and my wombe was thickened by 15 mm but they did checks and said i was fine i did have cysts in lining but they still didnt give me anything and at the time i was bleeding for like over six months so dr gave me norethisterone pills told me to take them so i did for a few weeks and bleedin stoped so i stoped taking them then i was ok for a wile they just said ring by august if my bleeding didnt stop and id get a scrap but it had stoped so never botherd then i had light periods every month then they stoped and i had no e for three and then got hrt patches. now just have to have a pad on all the time cos im having light period all the time since going on the patches. but the patches stoped me from sweating and feeling rubish and tierd. but then since going on this fem 7 im tierd again so i do need to go back see gp im not dry down tnere and i was happy about that till period started and hasnt stoped so my husband of corse is totaly fed up. im 49 in july and im sick of it i do t want to feel old and past it just yet.plus still have twin nine year olds to care for and feel like the gran instead of there mum. my mum inlaw is living in america shes 76 and only stoped hrt a few years ago and shes fitter than i am.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.