Totally feeling worthless.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Some of my friends make me feel like i know nothing and like i'm totally abnormal and worthless. I thinki'm useless because my brain doesn't work right (not in a handicapped way) in a way that i can't really focus or do anything, not even read well and focus on what i'm reading. I feel totally devasted and depressed. I went to a psychiatrist last March but i stopped going but still is taking the medicine, just a bit less. What do you guys think, i need some help.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You are not abnormal and worthless! If your friends make it a point to make you feel that way, they should not be a part of your life. I suggest going to a church, God has you here for a reason. I want you to know that I love you.. and God loves you more than anyone can. I hope this helps you... I also suggest finding other places to socialize and meet others, you can and will find a group of people who actually care and want you to go forward.

God Bless you. <3

• Posted

Why did you stop seeing doctor? Was the decision to take less meds your or doctors? Did you feel better while seeing psychiatrist? The answers to these questions will decide what to do. You should never change your meds dosageunless told to and NEVER stop without doctors advice. Hope you find the answer that will help.
  • Posted

Hi it's very common with depression not to be able to concentrate and take things in so you are not abnormal or anything of the sort.  You need to get your depression helped,  so go back to the psychiatrist or some form of counselling.  A change or increase in your meds might be needed to.  x

• Posted

It sounds like you need new friends!! Just because you think differently does not make you less valuable, it makes you unique. Try not to let their opinions hurt you. Also maybe talk to your doctor about changing meds, it can take a very long time and lots of trial and error to get the right one, but you are worth it. Good luck xo
  • Posted

Sometimes it is not our friends that make us feel worthless but we ourselves when our self esteem is low, if they really are friends they will be supportive and if they are not, find something that makes YOU feel good about yourself. It needs to be something that is sustainable, can keep u going socially and stimulate without being hurtful (eg alcohol and drugs can be hurtful). Take care of you and the rest will follow. Think about what u loved and enjoyed wen u were a child and take it from there. Hugs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.