Totally scared About Eliquis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have had 3 episodes of paroxysmal a fib in a year and a half. Am taking metoprolol succinate and baby aspirin. On my last episode my cardiologist recommended eliquis. I have a low score just high blood pressure and being a female . I realize the importance of a antI coagulant . I  have a lot of stomach issues like gerd and possibly gastritis which the gastro is still trying to figure out the problem . I am really scared to take eliquis especially since there is no reversal if bleeding should occur. And I was told that I would have to take this for life. Is anybody taking this or have taken it and did you have any side effects ? What is the general all feeling about this drug ? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi sunflower13,

Sorry to hear of your problems sunflower. I was prescribed eliquis for a blood clot in the lung, for the first month I had mild headaches, dizziness and sickness which I could live with for the 3 months I was supposed to take it.

After a month I felt so ill I had to stop taking it, the sickness, headaches and dizziness got really bad, it caused such bad anxiety, my nerves were completely shot, they have not recovered 6 weeks later.

It is true there is no antidote which is scary with these new drugs. We all have a choice on what we take. Read reviews and learn then make your choice.

• Posted

Hi Jen so sorry to hear that you had issues with Eliquis. I hope you do start to feel better. I just don’t understand how the FDA can approve a medication without having an antidote. It really scares me. And sometimes Dr don’t take into consideration that each individual has different things going on so it might be right for one but not for another. Since I am having issues with my stomach and I am sure the eliquis isn’t going to help me were my stomach is concerned  I am going to continue the aspirin for now and do more research. Thank you so much for answering my email. Take care 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.