totally trivial question but ....

Posted , 5 users are following.

sorry, very girly and trivial question but does anyone know when its ok to use a ( stand up) sunbed following op. I know they are not really recommended generally but I do like to be brown for my holidays , and hate sunbathing - i do use them sensibly ! Am too embarrassed to ask my surgeon ! 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's a great question.  I don't have an answer for you except to not be afraid to ask your doctor.  I would imagine the scars would be a concern as well as how your skin might react due to any meds you're on. Maybe ask a general question about sun exposure to get the conversation rolling and then casually mention tanning beds as an alternative.  If tanning is not allowed, you might consider a good self tanning lotion.

T

• Posted

Bini, that's a great answer from TDubb! Being from Hawaii, I got way too much sun when I was younger, so lots of sunscreen and self-tanner now.
  • Posted

hi bini, 

I agree with Tdubb - have a look at your medication - 

A nice tan is great, but spotted skin, maybe not,darling -

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

No , don't want spots! Am only on paracetamol now so shouldn't cause a problem xxxxxps thankyou for the hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.