Tough couple of days after getting active

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys just thought I would update you all in case this is helpful for any newbies, and new recoverers. I posted a couple of days ago that I had managed to leave the house and go on the tube on my own - day 21. I had a couple of hard days after that. I felt strangely sick. I'm not sure if I caught a bug or just the effect of moving on my body after 3 weeks lying down in some way released some  toxins in my muscles and made me feel sick. Anyway that combined with some anxiety about how much to move and a bit of a throbbing foot at night was quite disconcertning. Today I felt MUCH better, I feel my recovery is back on track. I went back to my gym ( where they have lots of experience of folk recovering from injury) and had a supervised session on my upper body, just very light weights. I feel so good this evening, not too much swelling. Just thought I would post in case anyone else encounters this. 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi simbacat

i have to be semi weightbearing with crutches and a boot for 8 weeks but can go out a little bit if i want to now, not that i need to go anywhere at the moment. Glad your recovery is going well.

• Posted

Its hard to get moving when you have been lying up so much waiting for the wound to heal. But I think its worth pushing yourself to do as much as possible, its made me feell much better, mentally and physically
  • Posted

Glad u  are doing good..I myself push myself too hard this last week and ended up at the chiropractor dye tio hip pain .She said my hips and ribs were twisted because of using the crutches and I have been sick tio my stomach allot it v comes and goes.anyone have the  same problem??
    • Posted

Sorry for the misspelling
  • Posted

Hi Simbacat. My boot came off on Tuesday (5 & 1\2 weeks post surgery) and I went into a trainer. I was told I can start driving and resume all normal gental walking while weaning off crutches over the next 2 weeks.I have taken things very slowly as phsycologically I can't quite bring myself to resume too much for fear of overdoing it. Even taking it easy I found that I felt quite nauseaus for the last few days and, like you, was wondering if it relates to finally being active after so many weeks of rest. I think our bodies (and more so our feet) will tell us when to slow down. Glad your recovery is going well and keep up the exercises. Lx
  • Posted

Hi simbacat, 

Glad you are back on track with your recovery , you might have something there about the muscles realising toxins  or it may be just the fact that we haven't been active and need to get back on track with usual stuff it's horrible bering stuck inside for any length of time . Take care and don't overdo it

• Posted

recovering from the inactivity is as hard as the foot itself! Going out to dinner tonight, hope I manage
    • Posted

Yep, very true need to get back to before state ASAP start living  rather than this !

Have good night!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.