Tough time

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm really having a hard time. I am trying so hard to be positive and relax, but I'm just really having a hard time. My anxiety is so bad lately. My dad died unexpectedly when I was 14 & I never really dealt with it properly. I am now so terrified of death and illnesses and hospitals. Lately I've been talking to a lot of people who have been experiencing unexpected deaths for people at young ages and I feel like it's in my subconscious and causing anxiety. I had a patient at work today go into a seizure out of nowhere. He didn't have a history of seizures. We were doing oral surgery on him and he just went into one. It scared me and really added the icing on the cake for me. I have health anxiety really bad and I've been having that impending doom feeling. Ugh. I wish so much that I could get over this. It's so debilitating. Does anyone else have these fears?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I used to, I know exactly how it feels. Get a good clean bill of health from your GP so that you are assured there is nothing organically wrong with you, The doctor will then determine the best way to help you with your anxious feelings and most likely refer you to a pyschologist or pyshiatrist. If you are close by to a library go in and see if they have the series of books written by Dr Claire Weekes, she goes into great depth about panic attacks and anxiety, she even gives you little exercises to do, they really helped me, The author was a doctor,  a GP and panic / anxiety attacks struck her down but she overcame them through her logical thinking, if you can get hold of her books you will see what I mean, I hope this helps, remember you're not alone, many others can help you out as well, either here or in the medical profession.

Focus and stay strong smile

• Posted

Hiya I also have these fears my mom died suddenly when she was 54 I was 30 I've never got over it just learnt to live with it i'm now 52 and have health issues my self never had seizures till I had my lumbar puncture last july I have over whelming fear of doom like a black cloud comes over me obviously my health is a worry has I'm still having investigations on my heart and getting chest pain with no answers or support
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for my late reply! I have seen my gp and I'm getting ready to have blood work done. I told her all of my symptoms and she believes it's just anxiety. I'm already on citalopram, but we bumped it from 10mg to 20 & she wants me to go back in 4 weeks to see if I feel any better. I have a bad pain in the left side of my face and head and I really wanted an mri or ct scan, but she said I don't need it. sad I know I need to see a therapist to get some help with the ptsd from my dad's unexpected death. Just a matter of finding someone who either takes my insurance or someone who is not going to charge me an arm and a leg. I hope you two are doing better!!! I will go look for the books. I have read her book on depersonalization and derealization as I suffered from it and still do from time to time, but I haven't read that book in years! I don't even have it anymore. Joanne, I hope someone listens and can at least run some tests at least for your peace of mind!
    • Posted

Hiya ive finally been put on asprin and a heart tablet they appear to of found an irregular hearr beat and I have to go back and see the stroke doctor he breaths fire for sure I've just been messed about for almost a year now all the time them trying to convince me it's all in my head I just knew I'd be goin back to hosp to see that horrid doctor he even told me I need relaxation I told him straight I'm a reiki therapist and I know how to meditate don't need his help docs arn't always rite and they wasn't for sure in my case

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.