Toxic Flatulence Cured

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on Omeprozole for many years. The past two years I have suffered from toxic flatulence. I could not relate it to any specific food and the only way I could stop it was to go on a no to very low carb diet. I complained enough to my GI doc that he considered SIBO, small intestine bacterial overgrowth.My research suggested it was caused by the low acid environment in the stomach and intestines. This environment allowed bacteria to grow where they would not normally be found. After 10 days on Doxycycline I am cured. I am not sure how long it will last, as I am still on Omeprezole.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

iv just read artical that ppi are and should br temp use

8 weeks max

i cannot belive doctors allow people to stay on them

yes your prob not making enough acid and catching infections

come off the omez

• Posted

why are ppis only for temp use? I have been on them for years. I try not to take them unless I really need them because they make me jaw swing and grind my teeth, but I get bad acid reflux and I worry about ulcers.

• Edited

its well documented why

dint you read up on what your intaking ? long term use is not advised

its just covering up the problem not fixing the cause

• Posted

By any chance did your burps taste the same as your farts? and was accompanied with diarrhea when it got bad?

• Posted

Im not on this medicine but I have the symptom youre talking about and cant find any other posts about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.