Toxic hepatitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, 

I've been diagnosed with toxic hepatitis with liver enzymes over 2000 6 weeks ago. After 6 weeks all liver parameters were good(bilirubin,alp etc, protrombine time was ok)) only ast and alt are up and down in recent month. One week they are around 180 and this morning around 300. Dr said it takes time to fully recover, 3 months, but I didn't find any cases online with fluctuating results.

All viruses came back normal on initial testing(A,B,C)

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Some toxins are more persistent than others.  They can get absorbed into body fat and leach out slowly (or quickly depending on fat metabolism), prolonging recovery.  Metallic compounds can also take time to clear.  

Hang tough and see how things look at 90 & 180 days.  It looks like you're recovering nicely.  

• Posted

Thanks,

I am most worried because of fluctuation of ast and alt. I didn’t find any cases like this. Mostly liver enzymes fall gradually but do not rise and fall. 

I have toxicity due to herbal medicine, ofcourse i stopped the medicine.

• Posted

It would be a good idea to see a hepatologist
  • Posted

It would be a good idea to see hepatologist
  • Posted

Did you consume alcohol for instance? Or where you severly dehydrated? That could give some fluctuations. At least it’s nowhere near the initial 2000. If you want to feel safe consult another hepatologist. If you are not the worrying type, just check at your next scheduled appointment. If they go down all is good. If they go up (especially above say 500) I’d say something new might be going on.
    • Posted

No alcohol since I was diagnosed, and normally don't drink at all. and I'm drinking enough water. I will see in a month. I did another ultrasound and liver is fine. Doing blood work next week again so I hope the numbers are down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.