Tpn and sibo

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone ended up on tpn due to having sibo?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Annmarie i have sibo and candida and its killing me. What is tpn?

• Posted

it's where they feed you in to your veins. I'm already on a feeding tube. I've not had a methane sibo test but I think I have it. but I cant eat. I think I've candida too. I did a comprehensive stool test but didn't show much. it got worse after my gallbladder came out. I had 2 weeks if rifaxamin and it did help but I still cant eat. it went down my tube cos I can digest medication very well. what's your symptoms?

• Posted

I am so sorry Annmarie, I always felt like my body reacted to everything i ate, gas, heartburn, burping, lot of gas in my colon, constipation, loose stools....

white/yellow coating on tongue, bad taste in mouth bad breath, dull ache/pain under rib cage on my whole right side not sure if its liver, gull bladder, colon. Have spent thousands on drs, tests, integrated drs, supplements..you name it. It has sent me into an eating disorder because i fear all food now and how i feel when i eat that i now eat the same food EVERYDAY. I know im not getting the nutruents i need but i dont know what to do. I also have so many other symptoms but i am 48, hiw old are you?

I ended up cutting out so many foods and over exercising that i ended up 90 lbs. My dr says everything comes back fine. I also have anxiety, depression, overstimulation at times which is torturous. I dont understand, they make it seem like sibo is so common i dint know why i cant heal from this. I feel like my system has completely shut down. my insides feel very stiff and hard does that make sense?

What are your symptoms? prayers and hugs to you❤

• Posted

are you from the UK?

I cant get anywhere here in the UK?

did you have a breath test done?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.