Trabeculectomy after effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I had a trabeculectomy back in July and it was very successful and surgeon was happy that everything had gone to plan. However the last few weeks I've noticed my eye gets really sore when I am doing computer work and I have to keep blinking or sitting with my eyes shut for a while before I can continue. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem? Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi tracyjh ,

I can't speak personally but my partner had a trabeculectomy in September. She's still on steroid eye drops and will have a checkup next week but I have noticed that she gets tired after using her laptop or after watching the TV. She seems OK after reading a book though.

The only thing we've been told is that recovery is a very long process.

We were given the analogy of moving a rose bush from one side of a path to the other. If you neglect it, it will die. If you water it, feed it nutrients and generally look after it you still might not get flowers for a couple of years.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. That makes perfect sense what you said.

It's quite frustrating for me as I am a self employed book-keeper so need to use the computer a lot! But at the end if the day my eye sight is far more important.

I hope your partner goes on ok .

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. That makes perfect sense what you said.

It's quite frustrating for me as I am a self employed book-keeper so need to use the computer a lot! But at the end if the day my eye sight is far more important.

I hope your partner goes on ok .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.