Trachiacardia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone experienced a rapid heart rate while being on amitriptyline? Other affects include feeling faint, light headedness, chest pain... not sleeping well like I did in the beginning. Taking it for IBS and anxiety. A few times I have had difficulty getting to sleep because my heart was beating so fast. Have had blood tests, ultrasounds, stress test with an echocardiogram.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I do, but I put it down to my health anxiety rather than the amitriptyline itself, even thought I've convinced myself it's the meds messing with my heart rate. But now you say you experience this too it could be that...

I take it for fibromyalgia for back, neck, head pains, and chest pains (well costochondritis for my chest pain but more of a common occurrence with FM) I seem to notice it most in the evening about an hour after taking them. They used to help me sleep but I feel as though the drowsiness it caused is wearing off unfortunately, now it takes me ages to drift off because I'm concentrating on my heart rate which I can't seem to snap out of at the minute. Seems you just can't win!

• Posted

Everything seems to be checking out ok. No blockage or plaque have been found. I had a mother who suffered with anxiety and my uncle also. So afraid of anxiety even though I am not biologically related to them but have seen the devastating results with my uncle.
  • Posted

ive been having them really bad every day for a few months now dont sleep very well oh im on 150mg was on 200mg doctor cut me down 50mg 3 months ago real bad constipation heart burn im just falling apart 
  • Posted

Yes I have. I had heart palpitations, and also what seemed like panic attacks. I felt as if my head was going to explode, my heart would beat fast. It would reach a peak then fade away. Havnt had it since I came off amatriptyline. Hope this helps. 
  • Posted

Hi Hildy, yes i too now have an increase heart rate as a result of taking ami. i recently had a medical and this is when it was discovered i have since  felt my heart pounding and worries me which, makes this worse. i am currently coming off the drg and cannot wait to have my heart back to normal. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.