Tradition Chinese Medicine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just thought I'd post about it as an aid to help symptoms of Hypothyroidism. Went to someone for acupuncture and she prescribed TCM meds and change of diet. For the first time this year I'm starting to get glimmers of optimism and have already lost 2kg!  (I'm still taking levo.)

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary

Just seen this posting. Please can you detail the dietary changes because I am fed up with being fobbed off by a GP and another endo.

• Posted

Slowly cutting out gluten. Stop coffee. Drinking lemon balm tea (soothes anxiety) 3-4 times daily. Eating gluten free cereal with coconut, fresh fruit, ground seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, linseed, chia), almonds, rapeseed oil and with almond milk. Chia is quite expensive but is amazing. First time in a long time that my constant hunger is gone.

I've also started taking a thing called lactospectrum which helps the intestines heal. Well worth the investment.

I used eat gluten food at practically every meal. Now I find I'm eating more fresh foods. The TCM practitioner also advised making fresh veg juices (have yet to buy a juicer) and fruit smoothies (with seeds and rapeseed oil).

• Posted

Hi Mary!

thank you for your info.  I have a fabulous acupuncturist, but since my insurance doesn't cover acupuncture, I have not seen her for the thyroid issue.  However, if I continue to feel fatigue and no weight loss, may bite the bullet (pay cash) and see her!  

Once again, thank you.

• Posted

Hello Mary:

My husband used acupunture for severe neck pain and he could not even lift his right arm up after going under the car to change the oil.  After doing western medicine & getting no where we felt it was time to expand our minds. We attended a seminar on this for pain. Chinese culture is much older than our Western one.

We found a TCM trained acupunture lady and she was from China and within 3 treatments the pain was gone and he was able to lift his arm.  It simply was amazing and it worked.  It is hard to say how it does but it releases the pain.

Keep us posted on how it works on the thyroid.  I know it works on helping to lose weight and drinking green tea was supposed to help also.

Regards,

Shelly

• Posted

Yes acupuncture done by a good practitioner can be amazing. We all get blockages in our meridians so it helps free it up and gets the energy moving, balancing out the different systems.

I forgot to mention that I never thought I could give up coffee or bread but tried a cup of coffee the other day and didn't enjoy it at all. Also ate some bread and couldn't digest it ...just felt unwell. Maybe psyhcosmatic but it sure helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.