Traditional Chinese Medicine for Cold Hives

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I was looking for some answers on google for cold hives, and I found a website for TCM.

The website mentioned all sorts of 'cures' for the hives. And in my case cold hives. And on the website it mentioned that you can use

-Cassia Twig

-Ephedra

-White peony root

-Chinese date (jujube)

-Perilla leaf

Would these help keep the cold hives from reacting even in the cold? Or will they just make the itch stop?

Also, how would you obtain these because most you need a prescription in a way, shape or form. I am just looking for some answers, so if anyone can provide I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Link to website: www.google.com/amp/www.asiaone.com/health/find-out-how-tcm-can-help-ease-hives%3famp

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have not tried any TCM yet..I try putting an anti itch cream on in the AM then layer with baby powder to stop the itch. Seems to work okay, though not a perfect solution. Trying  Quercetin. Helps a little, however it has been relatively warm out so I’ll have to see what happens in really cold weather. 
    • Posted

Personally, the itch doesn't bother me and thats not what I am looking for actually. The way it looks bothers me. Like, I don't want to go outside one day with some friends than it happens to me. All I am looking for is to not get them to show up anymore even if it means using all of the herbs and plants that I mentioned in the post. 

Thank you however for the reply

• Posted

i misunderstood what you meant, however, the cream does make them disappear and the powder helps also. you might want go give it a try. Quercitin seems to help but you have to take daily. wish they could find a cure...it is starting to get cold in a few days. in case you find something that helps, please let me know.

• Posted

Is the anti itch cream that you use prescription or otc?

So, if you go swimming in a cold pool and you use the cream, the hives wont show up as prominently?

• Posted

l buy SARNA or MEIJER brand anti itch lotion...make sure it is steroid free. i keep away from swimming, water too cold for me...i try to drink hot water to keep warm...trying to eat gluten free, no wheat, seems to help somewhat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.