Trail and Error really

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so, been some time since I last posted on here. Just getting straight to the point I am now on my second type of antidepressant and have been taking it for 2 weeks, my first I was on for 8 weeks and didn't show signs that it was working. I have had this depression haunting me for over a year now, and tried many solutions but to no avail, I am trying to remain hopeful that this second antidepressant will help me but frustration is taking over. Both antidepressants have made me super tired, so in total, I've now been tired as hell every day for the past 10 weeks. Depression I can feel managing to creep its way into my head using this frustration as a way to take over for a small while. Am I ever gonna get out of this hell or will I need to try something different that isn't medication? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Shadow. I know how frustrating it can be until you get your antidepressants balanced out. Sorry that you're having such a hard time. It can take from 2-8 weeks to get them adjusted but if you are feeling the depression coming back don't hesitate to call your doctor. I wish you luck. Please get back to us as we really care about what you are going through. Diane

• Posted

Thanks for the response Diane, its just that with how crappy most of my school life was and the fact that my depression AND anxiety have been hanging around for a while, I'm really wanting the meds to work out. I guess depression is using my frustration as a way of trying to creep in. 

• Posted

Keep on with your current prescription angel, it can take a while to settle. You're dealing with complex chemical interactions within your brain, afterall? Try to be patient, we all feel your frustrations on here. Are you still working? It's ok to feel tired, don't give depression an unnecessary power over you, it's a condition that you are treating, and you're right to be hopeful. All the very best xxx 

p.s, took me 3 attempts to get the right medication

• Posted

Thanks for the response. For the time being I am gonna stick with my current medication as its only been 2 weeks since I started. Though if these ones don't work, that isn't exactly gonna be every encouraging. My depression is using my frustration as a way of creeping in I suppose. 

• Posted

Honestly, we really do know how you're feeling right now. It's a mixture of being p****d off with the fact you're on meds at all, followed by dealing with side effects and no obvious benefits yet. 2 weeks isn't long enough to tell yet if these are the right pills for you so ...  It'd be good if you were getting some counselling aswell but i know there can be a waiting list?

• Posted

Hi again Shadow I know it is frustrating trying to live through the initial part of the adjustment period. And as I said earlier I would give it some time but you can always give your doctor a call and run this by him if that might make you feel better. Keep posting here we will support you through all of this. Diane
    • Posted

Thanks both of you for taking the time to try helping me out with this. I have someone at the hospital who is gonna call me in about 2 weeks to see how I'm doing with these new antidepressants and then in about 6 weeks I'll have an appointment with them again. I may try going back to a place where I used to have therapy just so I can let them know whats going on with me right now. I am determined to wait 2-4 more weeks to see if these are the right meds for me, but if they don't work, I really wont know what to do. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.