Tramadol

Posted , 7 users are following.

I only wanted to say that kicking Tramadol is like trying to quit the mafia....

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yeah pretty much! I'v been off 5 almost 6mnths. Now tryin to wean off Klonapine!  Its as bad as Tramadol!  Stupid Dr esp. Psychiatrists! Idiot's!  
  • Posted

I've quit tramadol very recently and I'm having trouble deciding which symptoms are withdrawal and which are due to illness
    • Posted

Hi guys, symptoms are fast pounding heartbeat, missed beats, sweating, headaches, anxiety, low mood, tearfulness, extreme fatigue,. Thing is I could also be menopausal and I have an autoimmune disease. To add to that I'm on duloxetine and I'm reducing pregablin. I'm a mess
    • Posted

Hi guys, symptoms are fast pounding heartbeat, missed beats, sweating, headaches, anxiety, low mood, tearfulness, extreme fatigue,. Thing is I could also be menopausal and I have an autoimmune disease. To add to that I'm on duloxetine and I'm reducing pregablin. I'm a mess 
    • Posted

Well when I was out of Trams I would start having flu like symptoms with in 24 hrs of no Tram. Ponding heart, restless leg syndrome,  runny nose, anxiety, frequently urinating, diaherra.  So you could be having some withdrawl symptoms.  There is a hormone test where you can spit in container per instructions an pharmacist mailes it in to get tested for progesterone, etc. Im fixing to do that. I quit Tramadol thru a detox program in May of thid yr. I was up there on dossge. Like 20 pills a day an took it for 7 yrs but not at that high dose. Only ladt 2 yrs on 20 a day. Stupid Ok know but I started having skipped beats an palpitations an had to get medical help getting off. Withdrawing is hell fr Tramadol on high doses. But everyone is diff. Now Im currently tapering of Clonazepam a benzodiazepine anti-anxiety med.  Its horrible to. When I go down on dose I get occasionall palpitations until body adjusts to new dosage.an feel like crap. I hate Clonazepam! ! Its the devil an so is Tramadol.  But every now an then I miss it. It plays with neurotransmitters in brain. It has antidepressant/anti-anxiety properties to it so people stopping are getting opiate withdrawal symptoms an antidepressant/anti-anxiety withdrawal symptoms.  I am looking for any documentation on antidepressants that have similar effects on brain as Tramadol.  I hope you get to feeling better! 
    • Posted

I am lucky.  My Girlfriend has Prozac.  I am on my second day without tramadol and prozac takes about 40% of the edge off.  If you have a way of getting weed, I recommend that as well.   I know it may sound crazy to some people but it's non addictive and takes another 40% of the edge off.  Desperate times calls for desperate mesures.  Tramadol withdrawls are HELL, they can throw you into a seizure!  I still get a little bit of "brain zap" but not like it was.
    • Posted

Many thanks for your reply. I'm now pretty sure the majority of my symptoms were tramadol withdrawal and my doctor agrees. I'm out the other side now more or less thank goodness. It's been hell. I'm taking codeine instead but I'm wary of that too now so I'm being very careful with it. 
  • Posted

You're darn right about that my friend.  Non-addictive my rear!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.