Tramadol 50mg once a day

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is this a good pain killer? im so scared to take it. It was given to me for neck pain,,,,i took it twice and it did calm the pain but i suffer from anxiety too and it makes me feel weird. dont know if to keep taking it or not? Any experiences?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I take Tramadol for pain due to arthritis , I don't have any problems with it , but reading some of the posts on here , I think some people have problems taking it , and some become dependant on it . If you have any problems or concerns speak to your doctor , other pain killers are availiable and may be better for you .

• Posted

Hi jesika

I have recently come off tramadol after taking it for about 5 years for arthritis. I posted a day by day withdrawal on it. Please read the thread. My advice would be to keep as far away from it as possible. It is highly addictive and can cause loads of side effect. You will be addicted to it after a while. My doctor did advise me of this but i thought i was ok until i stopped taking them. It is all in my postings. I do not get half the pain now and am taking nothing. Tramadol caused a lot of pain by making the body crave. I have naproxen if and when i need it but hardly use them

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Jesika, one 50m capsule a day won't be harmful. Problem is if you do start on this road then 50m will increase and before you know it, you will become addicted. You just need to read other people's problems with Tramadol on this site. Try talking to your doctor again and explain your anxiety. I would advise you NOT to take the bloody things. I was prescribed Tramadol about 10 years ago for a pain in the neck (arthritis). I wish I hadn't as I cannot do without them now.

• Posted

Please don't take any more. It's an awful drug that causes rapid addiction and is very difficult to come off.

• Posted

Stay away from Tramadol!!! I too have recently withdrawn from this drug and boy I wouldn't wish it on anybody; the physiological effects and the physical effects were horrific!

• Posted

I only took it for 4 days..then stopped.
    • Posted

You should be fine. The withdrawal effects normally start very quickly so you are probably well free of it now.
    • Posted

Jesika if you only took Tramadol for 4 days then you won't experience any withdrawal symptoms whatsoever.

• Posted

Something to keep in mind, is that all of us who suffered and go through the nightmareeeee withdrawals, all of us started like you. Nobody wants that to happen to them, it creeps up on you over time. Ive never used drugs in my life, I dont even drink alcohol and yet Tramadol for my chronic migraines took the life right out of me. Im still fighting for myself to be normal again. Of course nobody wants to bombard you with our issues, but if we can stop someone from getting started then I at least had to try!!! I wish you the best!!!❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.