Tramadol

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm having great success with Tramadol - anyone else have a storyj?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I also am successful with Tramadol in helping my arthritis pain.  I wish that it would also help my restless leg problem which can be awful.  Right now I am at least I hope it is this, going off of gabapentin.  Awful drug.  is causing bloating and stomach pain when I eat anything spicy so I have cut out all spicy food. Hope you have continued success because there is nothing worthwhile unless one has their health.
  • Posted

i had/have a pretty bad case of RLS/restless body and was taking pretty heavy doses of ropinirole coupled with hydrocodone. Still wasn't working well. I went to see the New England foremost authority on RLS at Mass General Hospital. He took me off of ropinirole except for two 1 mg tablets and put me on 5 mg methadone. Worked like a charm. My RLS virtually disappeared.

• Posted

Hi i'm trying to wean off Ropinirole. I take one every other night.Small dose 0.5.Im also taking Gabpentine

3 at 300mg each every night. The nights i don't take Ropinirole are miserable. I don't  see a Neurologist  

till late July. I felt like the Ropinirole was making my restless leg worst. I was taking it 3 times a day. I 

was staring to get it during the day. Not sure what to do next, but getting very depressed. Thanks for sharing and listening.

• Posted

Sounds like classic augmentation on Ropinorole. You really need Tramadol to get you through the withdrawal.
    • Posted

Yes ! I read about that so I wanted to get off of it as quickly as possible. I will ask my primary doctor about Tramadol. But I'm also in Recovery so I have to be very careful. Thank you for the information. Best of luck to you! This disease is driving me crazy!

• Posted

Worked for a couple of years at 100mg then I became tolerant. Came off (hell for 2 months) using Gabapentin at quite a high dose (1.6gm). I coped but then had to supplement with 50mg Tramadol. Have come down to 1.2gm and hope to reduce further but currently having a bad patch and having to take 100mg Tramadol on occasions.
  • Posted

be careful because coming off it is horrid 

• Posted

I don't know because I have not withdrawn from ropinirole .  So far it has served me well if one takes strong enough dosage.  I take it for restless leg which can be a determent to one's health.  I only about gabapentin which is one of the worse drugs that I ever was put on. withdrawal is torture.  good luck.

• Posted

i am the same, only read and heard about coming off of them. I guess we are all different. Its like some handle tramadol and others cant go near the stuff.  But i think like any tablet, dropping off them cold turkey should be washed closely or do it gradually . DIscuss with doc of course. Pill are great when working but often cause something else

• Posted

It not so much the withdrawal as it was the side effects.Nausea, headache, irritability and augmentation.

Argumentation means that it actually makes your RLS worst. But getting off of it just means no sleep.I'm taking gabapentin, but it doesn't help. Still can't get to sleep. Started taking xanax to sleep.

• Posted

Are you people out of your minds?  Have you done any investigative research on the use of Tramadol.  No matter whom you consult, doctors, nurses, the internet, you will find the same results.  It is a narcotic drug which masks pain; it does not get at the cause.  Typical of the entire USA health system, treat the symptom not the cause, honor the pharmaceutical companies, avoid litigation, and above all do not get at the source of the problem, just keep hiding it.  Rondré

https://www.drugs.com/tramadol.html

Good Luck to one and to all.

• Posted

In the USA, RLS is now categorized as a pain syndrome.  Practitioners should be moving away from dopamine agonists, as they ultimately lead to augmentation, setting the patient up for a miserable life (this is where I'm at).   Both codeine sulfate and tramadol work for me.  I slightly prefer Tramadol because I'm not as dopey in the morning.  Tramadol has helped me greatly, without risk of addiction.  Firstly, I take a very low dose.  Secondly, there is no "pay off" because I don't have pain.  I don't feel good when I take it - momentarily - as it upsets my stomach.  I don't crave it because I get no psychological benefit from it.  Here is a good article which states, "The agents most commonly used are oxycodone and methadone, but tramadol, codeine, morphine, and hydrocodone can also be considered. Controlled-release medication should be used for evening dosage and short-acting drugs, if needed, during the day. Effective doses are considerably lower than used for chronic pain (oxycodone 10-30 mg daily; methadone 5-20 mg daily) and the risk of opioid use disorder is relatively low." https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(17)30825-X/fulltext#appsec1

• Posted

Suggest you do some research on RLS. There is no cure, it only gets worse with age. You can remove triggers such as low Ferritin or other drugs such as Amitriptelene. You should avoid Dopamine Agonists or take only low doses. Some get improvement thro’ diets such as Fodmap. For those of us who have life-limiting, serious RLS there isn’t anywhere else to go. Gabapentin may help but opiates such as Tramadol are our lifeline. I’m not addicted to Tramadol but wouldn’t care if I was, if it helps me to survive and live a normal life I’ll be happy to take it for the rest of my life. Read RLS by Buchfuhrer, Hening etc before dismissing opiates.
  • Posted

I'm in the process of weaning myself off tramadol ,I regret the day I ever tried it ,it worked for a couple years was great infact ,but getting off it has been absolutely hell

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.