Tramadol

Posted , 7 users are following.

If I may ask, Has anyone been on Tramadol for pain after the knee surgery? If so for how long?

Jane

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi Jane,

I had Total Knee Replacement in 2011 (Australia) and nurses told me the best meds for bone pain are TRAMADOL every 6 hours with PARACETAMOL every 4 hours and it worked , took it for about 6 weeks.

cheers,

Ian

• Posted

Hi Jane

In my experience yes Tramadol does work but there is a BIG BUT !

I was on 100mg twice a day - for total of 5 years before TNR

this painkiller did the trick and does get rid of the pain -

but

almost broke my marriage as you can become a different personality

being a synthetic Opioid it is very addictive and very hard to come off.

There should not be any need to take this potent drug post opp

just light exercise daily should do the trick

with best wishes

jude48

• Posted

I was on it for several weeks, but it was like eating skittles. did absolutely NOTHING for pain...

• Posted

Must be that it reacts differently with different people. It is all very interesting thanks for the comment.

• Posted

I took it for weeks, but did nothing for me. like eating skittles.... waste of $

• Posted

**********I had a TKR (left knee) four years ago and only took Tramadol for a couple of weeks. Switched to Tylenol because of the side effects of the Tramadol. ****I was up and walking the day after my surgery, it was too late in the day to get me up the day of surgery. Walking every day after that. Driving after about 6 weeks. This is no picnic, it is a long haul to getting back to normal. They're not kidding when they say it takes a year!!!

• Posted

Pysesangel Thanks for the response on the Tramadol. I am interested in the Tramadol and how it has affected people. I had a terrible go of it while on it with side effects. Then coming off was a typical horrendous Opiod withdrawal. There is much on the net about the dangers of this drug that was slipped through the FDA without testing.

Drs are prescribing it around here routinely and saying it is just like Tylonol but stronger. Makes it sound harmless. It's name even sounds like TYLENOL.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.