Tramadol addiction

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been taking Tramadol for over 2 years now my husband was getting it for his knee pain because he has a torn ACL and I started to take some of his medicine he was getting 50 milligrams every one every 6 hours and then he started to run out because we were both taking them so I went to the doctor and told them I was in so much pain which was lost and my doctor gave me 120 pills 50 milligrams take 1 to 2 every 6 hours so I could take up to 8 a day and I did and then it got to where I was taking more than that a day and then it got so bad that I started like hallucinating and I read up on it and that is one of the side effects of the medicine so as of yesterday I decided that I want to quit but I looked it up and the best way to do it is to wean yourself off of it because of you quit cold turkey you could have seizures but the thing is I have 4 children one is a two year old I do cleaning for a living which includes construction cleaning and when I don't take as much as I am used to taking I feel like I am dying and I can barely function like a walking zombie so today was my first day and I took one when I woke up at 7 and I took one 930 and now I haven't taken any and its only 120 but I want to because I have diarrhea so bad and then last night I didn't take any late like I usually do and I was sweating through all night but I actually got some sleep because I took some Tylenol PM but then not having energy is really hard for me because I am not a lazy person but I feel like it's taking everything in me to even fold a basket of laundry in front of me I feel super tired and my stomach hurts so if anybody has any advice and be well appreciated

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey saderica I was the same and they are horrible tablets. I'm not 2 weeks clean. What I did is I counted what I took a day and halved it then a week later halved it again until late ur literally down to 1 a day. Then from 1 a day 2 1 every other day then I literally stopped. Don't get me wrong it u will feel it some days and u will be in the toilet a lot. That's ur best bet if u need any more help please talk and I'm here if need be. It helps when getting through it on bad days. All the best

Dave

• Posted

Tramadol is not labelled the devil drug for nothing. I've been through hell due to both being on tramadol and quitting it abruptly (only taking 50 - 100mg per day for 4 mths).

You do right to taper off it but for your own sake do it very slowly and you should be fine.

• Posted

I have been taking tramadol for 3 yrs now and I can't quit this evil things ..

Iv tried on numerous occasions ,but even when I ween off them ,I also feel absolutely awful ..

And convince myself to take another one to feel better ..

I'm hopeless at keeping positive and reaching my goal to quit ...

I used to take 6 tabs a day most days ,but iv managed to get down to 4 ,and some days just 3 50mg tabs ..but I can not get any lower as I wake up feeling ill ,takes me 2 hours to venture out after having my first tab .

The Anxiety and feeling so low is unbearable ..

These things are a nightmare

• Posted

Probably not the best advice but go to store and get Imodium and prilosect <- the anti acid medication.. Take 8-10 Imodium (2mg) with two of the anti acid medicine. It will cure all side affects except for the craving. But beware u can get constipated.

• Posted

It. Will be hard youll experience cold sweats...depression...but youll be glad once you get down to 0 millitams. Youll be free of its grip. I was taking 800 mgs per day for 3 years..bought on line from india

• Posted

I had to go to rehab after 8 years of transformation use because I would Strat having seizes. I am now withdrawing from 4 months of use and on day 5, the worst is over and I'm going to keep going because I really enjoyed being completely sober!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.