Tramadol addiction out of control

Posted , 20 users are following.

Please help me , I'm 44 live in the uk and I've been addicted to Tramadol for about 4 years I take about 20 50mg per day ! To say that's a lot is an understatement, if I run out I lie to different doctors and ask other users for some if there's , it's horrendous, I've not had any for 3 days and I'm in hell , I can't sleep , twitching , head aches , my muscles are in spasm , I'm literally sat here sobbing out of tiredness and desperation and needing the pills , I don't know what to do I'm in 2 minds to go to the docs and get them or tell the truth , I'm petrified the doctor won't give me any thing if I tell the truth , please help

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lisa I was where u are now a year ago I could not quit by one whole table I had to open a table and tip half of that power out of one table I would do that for a least two weeks and them I would do the same but instead of stop taking one table I would tip half out of two tables I am on one 50mg a day when I was taking 25 50 mg tables aday if I can do it anyone can good luck hope u stay safe and tell someone in your family who u can trust and who can give u the tables at the right times of the day and that mite help u my mum took my tables to her house and I would have to go here's in the morning dinner time tea time and bed time for them because u need them u will go where ever they are good luck hope this has help a bit xx

• Posted

Hi there so sorry your going through this hell, I had to ween down, 1 pill less a week if you can't ween down then get electric blanket wrap body in it hot baths magnesium for restless feeling and excersise also clonipin helps with sleep I've been off for 10 days I still feel low and no energy hang in there and pray

• Posted

Yup, I know where you're at , I had a 800 mg a day habit for close to 3 years. When the regulations tightened up , I found it harder to get online...so I said to self, self you gotta get off this crap, told my wife and she helped me wean off it, sloooowly took about 3 months, then freedom. It's great not having that monkey on your back let me tell you. You're gonna need enough to start a taper program , in your case I'd say a 50 mg per week drop is doable.....you'll have chills depression etc. but just see the light at the end of the tunnel, you'll be fine

• Posted

Hi there Rich how old until you felt better I've been clean for 11 days still really low energy and depression I'm sleeping good now though ?

• Posted

I didn't start to really feel good till I was down to about 200 mugs a day, probably 6 weeks into the detox, after that it got much easier

• Posted

No I mean I'm at 0mg x 11 days still so low energy, kinda depressed. I was wondering after you hit 0 Meds when you felt good ? Thanks

• Posted

You've done great DeeDee well done. Everyone is different so what Richie experienced may be different to you.

Do you think you had depression before starting the tramadol? This could be one of the reasons you became dependant on it and if so have you considered talking to the doctor's about an antidepressant?

I've came from 500mg a day to 150 and found that the psychological effects took much longer to adjust than it took the aches and pains to go away. Also I had to drop by half a pill every week or even every 2 weeks as I waited until I felt alright before dropping the dose further. I nearly got to zero but life events and pain slowed my progress.

I think you've done great and you are on the home straight now. However please speak to the doctor's Incase there's is another cause for the tiredness. It could be that the tramadol was masking something else that is wrong. It could be something simple like low iron, low b12/b6 or thyroid. All are easily checked with a blood test.

• Posted

Hi there,

Please do not sit any longer and suffer unnecessarily ..... go to your GP and tell him / her the truth.  By doing that they will be able to assess the extent of your addiction and help you find the right support to come off tramadol for good.  Yes they may prescribe tramadol but ask for the slow release.... much easier to ween off and side affects are a lot less.....  you can do it and your not alone, you only have to read some of the stories on his forum..... :O( 

Be strong, you can do it.... please let me know how you get on....  Nicola 

• Posted

I am in the same boat. I dont evem know what to say to you because im also going through this. I take the same amt and its embaressing to say, i know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.