Tramadol Advice!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I found out I have a slipped disc, which is causing bad sciatica in my left leg. I was in a terrible state, stuck in bed for 9 weeks and couldn't get around at all.

I tried so much medication over the last few months and then finally found that tramadol and liquid morphine works for me. 

After a few months I managed to get myself up and about and found I was on the mend, I took myself off the liquid morphine which has made me feel better in myself. I also reduced my tramadol from 8 a day to 4. 

A 6 weeks back I had a steroid injection in my spine but it hasn't helped at all. For a few week I went back up to 8 tramdol but I've now come back down to 6 (4 on a good day) but I want off them all together. 

However, I have experienced the side effects when I ran out of tablets and my perscription wasn't available until the next day, I got terrible heart palpatations, sweats, shakes, anxiety and very emotional. 

My fiancee and I are wanting to have a baby so obviously the sooner I come off the tramadol the better, but does anyone have any advice for coming off them? 

Anything would be much appreciated. 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Katie, dont just stop.  I know what your up against.  Try to stretch out the doses and eventually you will be at three a day.  It has taken me three months to get from three a day down to 1/2 a tab every three days.  The side affects get better in time but it has bern tough.  If your serious, then do bbc t be afraid to ask for some help to get a withdrawl schedule.  Hang in there. You can do it
    • Posted

I won't stop unless I'm confident I can get myself off them. I've gone back down to 4 which is a huge, halved in 3 weeks which I'm super proud of.

I'm seeing the doctor after Christmas to give me a schedule for the new year to get off them. Hoping to be off by my 23rd birthday so I have 6 months which I know is a long time but I'm hoping that way I'll avoid any horrible withdrawals  smile 

• Posted

Yes, it has to be very slow. You can half the 50mg when you get down to a certain mg. Im a recovering Tramadol addict.  Free now for almost 8 mnths. I was up there on the mg's. Taking 15-20-25 a day. I had to go to detox facility.  To high a dosage. Dangerous. Can have seizures. But your dose is doable on your own. Just dont cut down very fast. It could take mnths. You can do it! Tramadol is evil. It also has antidepressant/anti-anxiety properties so watch out for depression an Anxiety.  I had to get on Lexapro an antidepressant.  Been on it for a mnth now. What's funny is I didn't get depressed until 3-4 mnths after stopping.  So watch out for that. Take a good multi Vit an magnesium,  Omegas, & Vit.D3. Stay hydrated.  Goodluck. Remember this will pass when you feel bad. Exercise. 
    • Posted

You really give me inspiration just knowing that you have been there done that so know what your talking about, and the fact you came through it. Thankyou for sharing jx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.