Tramadol and Blood Sugar

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone - I’ve been taking tramadol for around 4 years. Over the last 6 mons to a year I started just not feeling good and seemed it had something to do with blood sugar. I know you’ll read a lot about tramadol inducing hypoglycemia (low) but you hardly read anything about it going high. But if you read the rare side effects it can make blood sugar levels go high. I went to the doctor and my hemoglobin is 110 and he said I’m insulin resistant. This is a precursor to prediabetes and then diabetes. I’m a little over weight but not obese, I can’t get a script for weight loss drugs. Has anyone else has this happen? I’ve read one other post on another site where some diabetics numbers went off the charts high when she started taking tramadol. I’m wondering if the tramadol is causing it and my numbers will go down if I could stop taking it, which seems impossible right now, or if I’ll have this no matter what now. I’m taking very over the counter supplement I can. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.