Tramadol extended release version

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. Does anyone have any experience of changing from regular tramadol to the extended release versions ? If so, did they work better for you ? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello jimmy. I did a few years ago when the regular 4 times a day dose didn't really control my pain. Initially I found they were giving me a bit more relief but that wore off after a few weeks. The GP then prescribed me the regular Tramadol as a top up.
    • Posted

Hi Matron. I think I'll try a top up dose during the afternoon of the regular tramadol. Just started 150mg twice a day so will see what happens. Appreciate you getting back to me. Many thanks. 😀
  • Posted

I think that's probably the best combination. You can only see how it affects you because the slow release is only that slow and I found after about 10 hours I could definitely feel it wearing off. Best to have the added top up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.