Tramadol Hell

Posted , 11 users are following.

After tapering from Tramadol from 8 X 50g capsules a day I am on day 8 and its hell on earth! The first 48 hours free from this drug was a nightmare, all the classic opiate withdrawal symptoms and now I have the worst dark depression ever. I know I can end this nightmare by taking a Tramadol right now, but I'm fighting not too. These Doctors do not have a clue what some of us go through to get off this drug! The last time I tried I got to 33 days and couldn't take anymore, I pray I get further this time and come out of this acute withdrawal. This is the worst thing I have ever had to do in my life. Doctors need training on how to withdraw people from this drug and warn what hell this drug is! I'm so low in mood and have been bed ridden for 8 days so far. If I ever get off this nasty drug it will be a miracle. I do not want to take another pharmaceutical drug again as long as I live! ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”

3 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow. Your going to make it!!! I was in your shoes about two years ago. As much as you may not want to, maybe try green tea and a vitamin supp. I went through the same thing. Get out of that damn bed and start walking if you want to get better. Whenever you think you might want a pill, remember what you have achieved so far. You don't need to go backwards now. Just forward. After two weeks you will begin to see more changes. Don't be afraid to go to your doctor for withdrawl meds. Whatever you do, don't stop this time. Your off to a good start

• Posted

Aww thanks...I am going to push myself out of this bed tomorrow, even if it's for a 10 min walk round the block!ย 

How long did your acute withdrawals last!?

• Posted

Still hanging in there! On day 14 today from Tramageddon! Still suffering greatly, but managed to get out for a few hours before my next "crash" It's not just the withdrawals, but the emotional side, such a dark depression lingers. I pray my neurotransmitters, dopamine and all those other chemicals sort themselves out very soon! I know it can take up to two years while in PAWS so I know these feelings are withdrawals and won't be going to see any doctor in this time! Gonna let nature take its cours and warn as many people as I can of the dangers of how these evil drugs can mess you up so bad! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
    • Posted

Just be careful about the depression. Don't let it creep on you an get really bad. I got really bad an sought help. Nothing wrong with asking for help for depression. Or medication. Please don't let it get bad.
  • Posted

Well, it's day 16 today, still bed ridden, but have been taken out at the weekend for an hour. The chronic fatigue, depression, achy legs, head like so one is squeezing it, brain fog, boats of crying, lethargic, stomach feels like there are bricks inside and so bloated, not interested in anything at all, but I will not take any Pharma drug, I'm going to wait this out until my brain heals itself! I know this going to take months, but the thought of being free from this drug keeps me going and not being addictive to any other drug will be priceless!ย 

Anyone else going through withdrawals I pray and wish you well ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

• Posted

You may not agree with this but I'm afraid you may relapse. Don't make yourself so miserable as to you relapse. There's nothing wrong with getting meds to help with withdraw. I did an Im not addicted to Klonapin. I can go days without taking it. You can even take one every other day until your symptoms calm down. But your goal is to be rid of Tramadol right? Im afraid you are setting yourself up for taking a pill here an there. Im telling you watch out for the depression. Its nasty. It got bad. Very bad. I was not participating in my life. I was thinking why am I here? Scary. So got help with meds. I dont wish another dependece on you but sometimes its necessary to get help. Just my thoughts. Hope I didnt offend you.
    • Posted

Thanks for your concern, that's so kind. I'm going to try and see if things improve over the next few weeks, if of course I get so bad I become suicidal I will have too get help, but I'm really trying to see if I can cope and just let the natural healing happen. I know it's hard and I'm going to take one day at the time for now. It's just so lonely not having anyone to share what I'm going through or who understands these intense feelings, I know I will have to be patience, but it is hard today, maybe tomorrow will be different ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
    • Posted

Just get on this forum. We understand! I totally understand Tramadol Hell! It controled my life for 8 yrs! At the end (2012-may of 2014) i was taking 15-20 a day. But I went to therapy for about 5 months an realized I was taking it to suppress my depression (fr our daughter's death in 2000) & my anxiety (GAD). I thought it helped me deal with it all but in reality I was becoming a shell of what I use to be. A recluse! Iv always been outgoing an had lots of friends but in the end they stopped coming around or inviting me because I would make an excuse. I didn't either feel like getting ready or care what I looked like or for them to find out how many pills I was taking just to get thrue everyday! Finally I became severly dehydrated an was sick also with flu. My potassium was critically low 2.3. I was having palpitations an skipped heart beat. Went to ER. I was scared it was the Tramadol. I had to come clean,which alleviated some of my guilt, about how many. So 2 days later in a detox facility. Couldn't do it on my own. Dosage was to high. 5 days later came out with Klonapin (life saver!). Then 2 wks later put on Zoloft. But couldn't take it after 2 an half months. Toxic in me. Iv gone thrue 4 antidepressants since. Now letting Prozac get out of me an see if hormones Im taking (since dec2014) will help with the emotional part. I hope so! I have gotten in a very dark place an I dont want it back. Goodluck.
    • Posted

it won't be easy,ย  but yes , it'll be much better when you've kicked it--I did

was on 800ย  mgs a day for several years--it'll be 9ย  months scince my last Trammer come April---started taper in April 2015, last dose was end of June same year--3ย  months--took it real gradual--you have to get a confidant close to you , so you're accountable to someone other than yourselfย 

• Posted

Hi Ruth. I know it's been almost a year since you posted but I just found this thread today after go googling tramadol. I stopped my tramadol almost 2 weeks ago. I was only taking for roughly 4 months. I only took 50 mg a day and only 4 to 5 days a week. Only twice I took 100 mg in one day. I was told by my dr that tramadol wasn't addictive. I never really realized what was happening until one day I realized that every day I didn't have pain bad enough to take it I felt depressed, angry, and sometimes anxious. Then one day it hit me. I made the connections. I am very thankful that I did. But even though I wasn't taking very long and not very much, I still have depression and anxiety. I get hot flashes and nausea. Some days depression is really bad. And on top of that I have no pain relief. I am already on an antidepressant for anxiety. I am also on HRT for menopause. I feel that even though I didn't take much for very long it still meseed me ip. I feel that people need to know this. I hate what thus drug did to me. And what it continues to do to others. How are you feeling these days. What about pain? How do you manage that?

• Posted

Hi Christine. I'm sorry to say this, but it sounds like you may be having those symptoms still due to the antidepressant. They too cause withdrawals which mirror Tramadol. Tramadol acts on the same receptors as SSRIs so when I withdraw end from Tramadol I had the same withdrawal symptoms as SSRI, in fact, worst as you are withdrawing from two drugs really, opioided as well.

Yes, I'm nearly a year, but unfortunately I've just had another "wave" of withdrawals which is to be expected and not unusual. Not as bad as in the beginning which was acute. Now I'm in PAWS (post a cute withdrawal syndrome) and am getting hot flashes, depression/anxiety, migraines, and body aches, especially the legs, like electric shocks up and down.

I don't take any long term meds but occasionally take paracetamol with iproprofen. I had flue twice in January which left me bed bound for 6 days each time.

im no way fully healed from the damage these drugs have done and only time will heal. That what I believe after much research. I do believe your in tolerance withdrawals.

i couldn't tolerate any HRT and have gone through menopause.

please research on antidepressants and HRT as anything that effects the chemicals of the brain can't be good.

im so sorry that your going through this and now how you feel. I hope you can survive all this.

Ruth 👍💕

• Posted

I took Tram for 8 yrs. In 2014 was on 20 a day 50mg pills (usa). Went to detox facility for 5 days. Was ok when got out but was put on Zoloft an Klonapine. Zoloft made me very ill physically so after 2 months had to stop. But still taking the occasional Klonapine. That was end og Aug 2014. By Oct severe depression! An anxiety! An found out started menopause! Went on bio-identicle hormones therapy vag suppositories. An fast forward on med #7 Celexa. Between all that had gallbladder out in June 2015. Hormones adjusted cause I started bleeding after a yr on them. Had everything checked out. Ok. Then adjusted hormones an no other probs. Palpitations stopped after 2 months on bio-identicle. The other meds Iv tried, Lexapro, Cymbalta,Prozac, Wellbutrin XL, Lamictal all no go. Hoping Celexa is it. On day 12 of 20 mg. Its been hell is all I can say. I WISH I NEVER TOOK THAT FIRST PILL BACK IN 2008!! Stay away fr Tramadol. Use Lidocaine patches, ThermaCare wraps. Cymbalta did help with my fibromyalgia an lower back herniation pain but nothing mentally an raised blood pressure. Goodluck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.