Tramadol side effects.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. Im chrissie.

Need a bit of help.

My dr prescribed me tramadol for gallbladder pain yesterday.

I took two yesterday evening as she suggested. And today i have been dizzy weak throwing up feeling very strange. Thrown up everything i have eaten and im just feeling quite ill.

Is this a side effect of tramadol??

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Could be or it could be your gallbladder condition:  abdominal pain

Pain that may extend beneath the right shoulder blade or to the back

Pain that worsens after eating a meal, particularly fatty or greasy foods

Pain that feels dull, sharp, or crampy

Pain that increases when you breathe in deeply

Chest pain

Heartburn, indigestion, and excessive gas

A feeling of fullness in the abdomen

Vomiting, nausea, fever

Shaking with chills

Tenderness in the abdomen, particularly the right upper quadrant

Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)

Stools of an unusual color (often lighter, like clay)

Your GP  preacribed you a strong painkiller. it could be also be causing you issues. To stay stop taking them is stupid. Just because they may cause awful side effects in one person, does not mean they cause the same issues in another.  Go back to your doctor and voice your concerns.  He is not going to jump down your throat. But please remember, ALL painkillers that are prescribed for great (chronic) pain are going to be addictive. But not ALL addictive painkillers give you the same side effects, some you will not give you any side effects.  The only way of knowing is by asking your the doctor that writes your prescription.

If you are still b/feeding your baby I would double check; if only for that. Your doctor is not an ogre.  He is not to know you are suffering, unless you tell him/her.  He can put you on something else if you are worried. (or have your stones removed)

• Posted

Just an update.

O had an appointment with the surgeon on Monday regarding my MRI results

I do have gallstones and a blockage as they suspected. My operation apparantly will be before christmas! She said i should recieve a date in the next 5-6 weeks and the operation should be 1-3weeks after the letter arrives! Fingers crossed this solves all my problems xx

• Posted

Lots and lots of good luck, I know someone who has had the operation (ugh the stones are creepy, she keeps them in jar).  Best thing ever!

Again good luck, hope you don't have to wait too long

• Posted

I had my gallbladder and appendix removed back in June. Laparoscopy. They pump air into abdomen so they can move instrumentation around an camera. What was excruciating was after when air got trap above diaphragm an went into tisdue in chest an up neck. It happens alot. Its very painful. So watch out for that. Heat an walking around help. Mine didnt go away entirly till 7-8 days. Like someone cutting with a knife when I moved or breathed deep. Thats just the way it is. Just preparing you if it even does it. Goodluck.
    • Posted

I had my gallbladder and appendix removed back in June. Laparoscopy. They pump air into abdomen so they can move instrumentation around an camera. What was excruciating was after when air got trap above diaphragm an went into tisdue in chest an up neck. It happens alot. Its very painful. So watch out for that. Heat an walking around help. Mine didnt go away entirly till 7-8 days. Like someone cutting with a knife when I moved or breathed deep. Thats just the way it is. Just preparing you if it even does it. Goodluck.
  • Posted

was on 8 per day which left me very spaced out and high cut it down too 2-4 which makes me dizzy and very tired also on gabapentin too max dose 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.