TRAMADOL SUCCESS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Success!!!!!

It took 4 months but I am no longer taking tramadol. I see alot of forums regarding the use of tramadol and the pain associated with the process. I needed help. Kaiser has a support group that really helps alot. Believe me, your not in this alone.

Be strong and know that the end results are worth pain. Some things in life are difficult. The road is not always easy. Control your life. Don't let life control you. Good luck.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good for you! Yes it's very hard an hard everyday. I was a tram addict for 7-8 yrs. Last two taking 20-25 a day. Finally in May of 2014, an illness woke me up an I went to detox for 5 days. I'v unfortunately got PAWS. Depression came 6 mnths later an severe anxiety. Then I wanted my pills back but fought it. Im on Zoloft now. Just bumped to 50mg. I hate Tramadol. Its evil to me. I dont want it anymore. Im learning how to handle my emotions seeing a psychologist. Just watch out for "wanting of the drug" an depression. Tramadol messes with serotonin an norepinephrine in the brain.

God bless,Zio-USA

• Posted

Well done, keep up with the positive thoughts.

nothing worthwhile is ever easy, but if you want it enough it can be done.

take care Ann 

• Posted

It's great when people report back with successes. It seems like people are very willing to write on forums when they have a problem, but forget about them when the problem is solved. SO thank you jrtoo60 for your message of hope!

However, it would also be extrememly helpful if you offered a little more than hope: information about how much you were taking, for how long, and how you got off of it (your schedule of tapering down.

You talk about the pain and how hard it was, maybe you can explain that as well. 

I've been on it for almost 4 years, but have come down from 5x50mg a day to 100-150 a day. (100mg on time release, with an extra 50mg when need (if desperate). I'd really like to know what to expect when I'm ready to go off it (not ready yet). How to do it in the least painful way possible. 

I honestly don't consider myself addicted, as I don't get any high from it, and avoid taking it until I have to. And it only helps a tiny bit, but that is what it takes to sleep at night with my chronic, high-level pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.