Tramadol use

Posted , 9 users are following.

my doctor gave me a script for Tramadol but I never took the pills. I noticed that some people have used them and am wondering if anyone has had any reaction.  Are they better than Advil? The pilIs i have are 50 mg.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a bad reaction to Tramadol after 24 hours of taking them. I had stroke like symptoms and it was very scary. 4 months on and I'm still suffering with fatigue cused by the bad reaction. I wouldn't recommend personally but everyone is different so you might be ok?!

• Posted

I have been taking tramadol for 10 years and I only take 2 X 50mg at night. It helps me sleep and although I'm a bit slow to get going in the morning 😁 it helps me with my pain relief 😌 As for any side effects, I was as batty as a fruit cake 🎂 before taking them lol 😁

• Posted

Wow I've seen it makes a lot of ppl tired. I take 50mgs 2 times a day 4 2 yrs now i believe & a ibuprofen 1 time but all r with my balchen n i dnt get tired but i have 1 of the worst insomnia problems. Just got off my ambient, but my seriqul & trazadone works great @ night with a few other pills i take...

• Posted

I would advise you not to take them. They are highly addictive. I do not become addicted to things, but I am on day 2 of detoxing off Tramadol and I feel terrible. I feel like I will never be nornal again. I took 100-150mg a day for nearly a year. In the past month I started having shortness of breath, chest pain and mood swings, so I decided to stop taking it. I feel like I have the flu right now and will be missing 3 full days of work to get through this. Ask your doctor for something else!
  • Posted

4 mths on 2x 50mg caps a day left me feeling ill if I took them and even worse when I quit them. After 1 mth of quitting I had the most awful rebound anxiety and now find myself on antidepressants and having cbt. Never ever will i take another tramadol.

I was never warned by my gp to come off them slowly or that my serotonin levels would crash - please be careful!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.