Tramadol vs Butran patches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone made the change from tramadol to Butran patches and found them more beneficial ? Are butrans a stronger drug ? 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Are Butran patcches morphine based? I have never heard of them x
    • Posted

I think they contain buprenorphine, which I believe is closely related to morphine. My doctor has given me an option to try it instead of morphine based pills. Unsure whether to try or not yet. My doctor said that the patches are also used to help addicts get off strong drugs. 
    • Posted

There are fentayl patches (matrifen) which are morphine based. These are used for pain relief.

Obviously there are different grades.

Did the morphine pills mot help? X

• Posted

I haven't tried the morphine pills as yet as the doctor doesn't want me on that high a strength as yet. I'm currently on tramadol. Might try the butrans patch if things get too bad. Have you found any pills that help at all ? 
    • Posted

Yes I can understand your GP as morphine is the strongest med. You may need that in an emergency and your body can be used to it and it wont be as effective. X
  • Posted

Hi Jimmy i would give you one piece of advice GET THE HELL OFF TRAMADOL as soon as possible-read some of  the posts on here about the problems people have quitting tramadol if you dont believe me. i came off tramadol last sep it was a nightmare- the longer you are on it and the more you take the harder it will be- ask your doc to get you off it ASAP- dont just quit it, you either need something to help with the WD's or to taper off it slowly even then the last 100mg will be hard-sorry for the warning but this drug is causing major problems for people- it is supposed to be non-addictive- most DR's dont realise the problems people have getting off it- it has been re-classified twice in the USA because of this - it is marketed as ULTRAM in tha US- google it and check for yourself-
    • Posted

I have already done it I came of tramdol over 2 years ago, sorry I mean to say. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.