Tramadol withdrawal

Posted , 9 users are following.

My 1st week is nearly over with reduction of 50g tab of Tramadol (on 250g daily) Starting Monday I am gonna open up a tab and divide the powder to make 25g in England they only come in 50g capsules and not timed release. So tomorrow I will be on 225g daily of Tram...I'm doing a slow reduction. If this is too much I will slow down more. I know I am gonna go through withdrawals, but I'm praying they won't be as bad as last time where I gave up after being clear of Trams for 37 days. I've researched about the PAWS and am preparing myself for this. I just want to be on pharma drugs no more! I am looking at 2 years to fully recover and I can't wait!!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The withdrawal meds are prob anti-anxiety meds like Klonapine(long acting)& Xanax (short acting )& Atavan &Valium. Anxiety will be escalated when drug is reduced or stopped. You can get the blues to. Tramadol increases serotonin an norepinephrine in the brain. So when its stopped your brain is on "stop" mode on making its own serotonin an norepinephrine.,the feel good chemicals.Anxiety is increased so sometimes anti-anxiety meds are prescribed. I was prescribed Klonapine during my detox off Tramadol. But I was taking way to much. 20-25 a day. Stupid. It took me getting a stomach virus an the dose lowered an having heart palpitations an skipped heart beat fr lowered dose,to go to detox for 5 days. Its been since May 2014 Iv had any. I have an am going thru PAWS rt now since Oct.of 2014. I was fine till then. Bad depression an anxiety so put on Lexapro for 3 mnths but stopped it. It wasn't really helping an it made me sleepy all time an gain wt. So put on Zoloft an been on it for a mnth at 25mg an now day 6 of 50mg. I hope it helps. Also started menopause in Aug of 2014 but didn't know that till hormones checked in Nov. Horrible feeling! It's been rough but glad Im not a slave to the pills an getting them off internet at 135$ for 180 pills! Twice to 3x a mnth! That's 250$ to 400$a mbth! Pretty pathetic. But Im not that person anymore! Ask dr an pharmacists what can help ease the withdrawal process for you. Everyone is diff. Goodluck
    • Posted

Thank you for your answer. I'm just looking at the English equivalent lol

when I ready I will start the withdrawal and now know what to expect! Seeing what others have been through and knowing my personality, I'm looking at 2years before I'm completely free from all the withdrawal symptoms! I'm also in menapouse and sometimes don't know it the hot flushes and night sweats are the Tramadol or menapause! Lol

Well done for your success in breaking free from this horrible drug xxx 

• Posted

Hi Ruth, I too suffered horrible side effects when coming off Tramadol. Night time was worst, I had several weeks of restless legs, shivering, itchiness, cold/hot flushes etc. I even kept a diary and I didn't have a proper nights sleep for months. However, one respondent on a similar forum recommended taking a piriton (I think that's how you spell it) or any other hay fever tablet when going to bed. Honestly, it worked. It didn't take away the side effects completely, but sufficiently to enable me to have a decent nights sleep. Not long after I was back to normal. Give it a try it can't do any harm. Let me know if it works for you and best of luck, believe me I know what you're going through.
    • Posted

Thanks for that information. I've just started a slow withdrawal at the moment. I'm on 300g a day. After two weeks I'm gonna open up a capsual and divided the powder into half to make a 25g drop. If I succeed this time, I will try the Piriton when the withdrawals get worst. I so want this drug out of my system and hope to be taking no Pharma drugs at all!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.