Tramadol withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am on day 5 of tramadol withdrawal after 4 months of using and feeling a little better but still not normal.

Last time I was on it for 8 years and had to go to rehab because of seizures. I stayed clean because of AA. Any positive advise is welcome.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm new to this site, but wanted to wish you luck. I've been on Tramadol for 7 years, the last year up to 600-700 mg a day. I tried to get off once, but wasn't successful due to RLS and lack of sleep. However, I went cold turkey (from 300-400 mg a day at the time). I am trying again and know that I will be successful this time due to some changes in my life. Anyway, I've been tapering for about a month and down to 150 mg daily. Are you tapering or cold turkey? I would definitely recommend the former. Best of luck getting through the tough part - the prize on the other side is a better life!

• Posted

I tapered down to 150 then stopped. I was taking 6-8 a day this time and the time before a lot more.
    • Posted

You probably don't want to hear this, but if you have insurance and can go to a respectful rehab it will be almost painless and change your life. That's what I had to do after 8 years of use and stayed clean for 4 amazing years! This time i was stupid to start again but I'm to knowledgeable not to stop now! I loved being clean. I used Roboxin & Trazadone (Non Addictive), and I got 10 pills of Klodipan (addictive). WOW, did it help! Good luck to you and make sure you read what will help you through detox. The Klodipan gave me the security that I wouldn't have a seizure this time). Good luck to you and let me know how you do! Stock up on vitamin C too

• Posted

One day at a time is good, but just don't give up because there is a better life waiting for you, trust me!!

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. I thought about rehab, but don't want my daughter to know what's going on with me. I have an amazing husband and he will help me get through this. I belong to a really nice gym with hydrotherapy and that's helped a lot. I am tapering through 1/14 then off. Wish me luck! It sounds like you know what you're doing and will definitely be successful. ??

• Posted

I was on tramadol for around 3 years at times I would go up to around 600 mg a day. I am on day 15 of being off tramadol and feel pretty much back to normal just have slight cravings still. The first about 8 days where the worst for me I used co codomol to help me with the withdrawals you can get it from any local pharmacy without a prescription and it only cost around £2 a pack, i would recommended it but don't use it for any longer than around 10 days because that can be highly addictive aswell. Get some Imodium if you need to slow your bowel movements down it works a treat. Try and get hold of some valerian root you can get it from hollanad and Barrett it's meant to do wonders for anxiety, if not ask your doctor to put you on a short supply of Valium to help the restlessness that's what I did. Walking also does you good I know you won't feel like it put it helps take your mind of it a bit, Try to have as many baths as possible as they help you to relax so try to have one before you go asleep I must have had around 40 baths whilst going through these withdrawals. Hang in there it will be much better in the next few days you can do it good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.