tramadol withdrawal from just 150mg a day

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hi! I have been taking tramadol for 6 months I take three 50mg pills a day.  I never knew that I wouldn't be able to stop taking this .  The other day I thought I wold stop taking it and boy did I get sick! After researching  it I realized I was withdrawaling and immediately took a pill and felt better.  My question is how do I taper off of such a small amount ? Has anyone tapered successfully without experiencing  any withdrawl symptoms?  I'm so scared to go through that again but I do not want to be on this anymore!!! Please help!!

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi brandi ive been on tramadol 150mg for years but have decided to go cold turkey this is my 6th day there are so many side effects the worst is my legs are agony and im very emotional. they are a horrible drug dont think there is any easy way to come of tramadol good luck brandi

• Posted

I'm currently in day 4 on withdrawals.

I've been on and off tramadol for 15 years. at the start the doctor prescribed me for headaches. I thought it was a wonder drug..I never got told it was highly addictive..

how are you getting on now?

• Posted

my honest opinion is if you're on 150mg a day then that's a low enough dose to go cold turkey.

Ive been on and off tramadol for 15 year.

over the last 3 months I tapered down from 16 a day to 4 a day. then last monday I took my last 100mg of tramadol at 7pm.

for the first 3 or 4 days I was very irritable, agitated, restless legs, sick to stomach. it does get better you've just got to rude out the first 5 days. I know plenty of tips to help you as I've been through the withdrawals 3 times. anybody can drop me a message.

I hope this answers you're questions

pete w

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.