tramadol withdrawal revisited

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am going cold turkey again off tramadol. this drug is hell and the worst longest withdrawal ever ,,even worse than benzos for me but then i Never liked benzos....I am writing here more for support and to support others...i will be awake for the next 10-12 days based on my lst withdrawal so drop me a note...i do work full time during the day which makes insomnia and rls so much more fun....stay strong and fight the good fight

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I woulld not advise stopping this drug cold turkey. Reduce down by one pill every one to two weeks and wait until you stabilise each time beforee dropping further. For the last 50mg reduce the dose by opening the capsule and pouring away some of the powder, reseal and swallow it. Then when stabilised on that start to drop a dose every few days, gradually reducing again until you are off them. This is how I did it. It was the only way. Tramadol withdrawal is the worst.
  • Posted

How are you doing Melissa?  Hope you're doing alright.  Make sure you get professional support if you need it.  Get off and stay off!  Of course it's best to get off slowly, but if you feel you must go cold turkey, then make sure you watch out for symptoms that might be dangerous.  Good luck!
    • Posted

Hi Leo

I am okay. I havent had any tramadol today. I know tapering is much less painful but I am lousy at doing it. I did it once and was fine but mostly I just will take more than I should and I have told no one so i donthave someone who can dole out my doses. This I am hoping wont bethe hell that last time was when I was taking more for far longer but I am kicking myself because....well because I shouldnt have gone back to taking the stupid pills....heavy sigh.....

my worst symtpoms are horrid insomnia and severe restless leg that makes me crazy...last time it took two weeks to sleep more than a couple hours.i of course sweat like crazy at night tooand had body aches but I can deal with all that....it really is the insomnia that makes me want to cry....so knowing six weeks ago I was falling asleep easily and for eight hours because I was 90 days clean of tramadol...andknowing what I am about to start again....it just sucks....but I know I can survive it.....it helps to be able to share thank you

• Posted

Hi melissa

Quite frankly Melissa, you should really not stop this drug without medical help. You need to come of this drug gradually, it can cause complications with you ending up in hospital if you are unlucky.

I feel really sorry for you to have to do this.

Is there a reason you are going 'Cold Turkey' ?

Let us know how you are getting on.

With heart felt feeling towards you.

Kev  (UK)  sad

• Posted

HI ALL

I am surprisingly well....i dont knowwhy coldturkey this time had far fewer withdrawal symptoms than last cold turkey....which was AWFUL but i wont deny it is much better....last time it was three weeks of hell...now 8 days in and almost normal. of course the cravings for something are there but I have found some good strategies for those.  the only difference I had this time is using iron supplement which i wastold totake for rls before i relpased.my doctor said low iron cancause rls and tested me and i was low....so i have been on iron for months....and this time i limited caffeine.....but i think the real reason is the dose was much lower and only a few weeks on it this time....

anyway...im doing okay....i know tramadol quitewell....and I have read a lot about it...one video suggested that it didnt make you high at all....it just made you feel "okay"about anything that happened....the true happy pill....nothing got to you....which is true...but it took more and more to get to that state....and when you come off....well everything bothers you..... well i hope things keep going along

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.