Tramadol withdrawel

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been on tramadol now for at least 4yrs. Id been taking co-codamol but i was allergic to the codeine that was in it so i got prescribed to tramadol. I take 200mg x 4 times aday as ive terrible pains in my legs after an injury at work. Ive been experiencing terrible sweats every day. Tried to cut down to 200mg x 3 but again ive been having terrible thoughts as if im going mad tremors terrible sweats has any1 been experiencing difficulty coming of these tablets ? I just feel my lifes gone down the toilet+these tablets are controlling my life. Help please.....:-(

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tina,

I'm in the very much situ as yourself. I cannot take codeine either, it causes more problems for me than it's worth. I was put on Tramadol 50mg at first and go up by 50mg a week until I reached 150mg. I am trying to get off it, but its not easy when your GP and Consultants all say do not change ANY medication until you have been to the Pain Clinic, so I am waiting now for an appointment.

I did try lowering off 150mg a day, but I just ended up in more pain and can hardly move my limbs.

I'll let you know how I get on, or 'off'' in this case...

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi les thks for ur reply. Yea i went to a Pain Clinic and my consultant put me on the highest dose which was 2x50mg four times aday. I do hope you get sorted i only dream of the day im tramadol Free..
  • Posted

Yea, terrible difficulty getting off the drug Tramadol! I managed 37 days of Hell! I am back on them now, taking 150mg a day, but I know I will have to increase the dose. I was on 300mg a day. The withdrawals were a nightmare, sweats, shivers, low moods,  despair, restless legs (which was just the worst thing I have ever experienced!) migraines, stomach cramps, diahorree, panic attacks, I just couldn't take anymore as I was getting sucidal thoughts. Within the hour of going back on 2x50mg I felt "normal" again. I had this drug as I am now dependent on it and I don't know when Iam going to try and withdraw again!

Sorry if this a negative answer, but this is what has happened to me and that's why I call it an EVIL drug!

• Posted

Hi ruth, thks for ur reply. Its horrible these sweats its got to the stage now idont want2 do anything as it brings on the sweats. I honestly dont know were it comes from cud fill up a lake with wat cums out of my body. Who the hell put these drugs on the market iwasnt told anything about tramadol only it would make u drowsey. If id known iwas havin to go thru this i wudntve gone on them.. Ur rite its an evil drug.. 
    • Posted

Bloody hell that's sounds awful sorry it's giving you living hell I'm on 6x50 mg plus amitriptyline 10x 30 mg per nights it's not working  I'm still in pain during the day I'm going back to see the GP next month see if I can get something else 
    • Posted

Hi marshall im on amitriptline 3x25mg at nights bit i can only manage 1tablet as it makes me like a zombie nxt day. It helps them restless legs at nite+does make me sleep alot beter. The tramadol helps the pain in my legs a bit now thats why i want to get off these monsters. I never in my life experience anythin like this ever. If u can get sumthing other than tramadol dont take it. It effects every1 different i know but its not worth this hassle. 
    • Posted

I get the zomblie feeling the next day I'm starting too forgot things which is worrying dunno if it's the drugs ? Before I was on codine which gave me flashbacks and hearing voices . 
  • Posted

Well, Tina my Consultant Neurologist made some major changes from today to try and cancel out Tramadol completely.

I was put on Tramadol to kill pain and aid better sleep, but the side effects really out-way the pain sometimes. I had a good long chat with him this morning and he's now agreed to get me off Tramadol, he said it won't be easy and we'll have to keep a diary of medications.

This morning he doubled my Botox injections in the neck, which will take roughly a week to kick-in, at this point drop the midday 50mg tramadol, the following week drop the 50mg morning dose. Now, if the pain at this point is okay and you can cope, then hold it the 50mg dose at night for about 2 weeks, then drop it completely.

In return to combat the Tramadol we'll increase the Botox to every 10 weeks instead of 12 weeks and increase the dosage. Hopefully, this way we can remove Tramadol completely and use Botox at an higher rate.

The only reason I am on Botox is because main problem is nerve and brain related, which causes the muscles to spasm constantly and with many cramps a day. It might work, but it's only a trial my Neurologist is taking to get me off Tramadol.

Regards,

Les.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.