Tramadol, Zydol and codeine WD help as I’m at the end of it all :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

i am new to this group and just want to start by saying hello at 4.20 am lol. im on day 7 of cold turkey detox from opiates.

For five years i have suffered from severe siatica and originally got prescribed Co-codamol and naproxen. This done nothing. i then got prescribed Tramadol 50mg. This used to work. I used to suffer a lot at night so i also got prescribed 150mg Zydol sr for over night.

To try and cut a long story short, i haven't really needed hardcore pain killers so regular for about 2 years now. since lockdown i have been on a self destruct mission. I have been trying to get as high as i could of these drugs. I know its stupid and i am ashamed of myself. i am embarrassed and i fell i have let my wife and kids and family down. I havent stopped in 5 years and when i was pushing myself to get high i would do stupid doses like 240mg (8) codeine in a morning dose then continue to take 8 -10 tramadol a day. sometimes adding 2 or 3 codeine to each tramadol dose. Disgusting drug abusing. im ashamed.

when they were gone i would chew up 2 zydol 150mg sr twice a day until i could get another prescription or buy a box of tramadol from somewhere.

I have been suffering in silence and kept it together pretty well but now i have had enough. I am 7'days clean but in these 7 days so far ive had 1 nights sleep. until 4 days passed i had 1 and 1/2 hours sleep.

i have been prescribed zoplicone 7.5mg. 1 worked one night. tonight nothing again.

I have managed to hold down a very busy and important job which i could never afford to loose whilst going through all this.

All my WD seem to be focused around insomnia. will this ever go away because i cant live like this much longer and i fear with lack of sleep i could be a danger to myself and others in work.

Please help me

Darrell

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. thanks for telling us your story. It sounds like it's been tough. How are you getting on? if maybe that you are off then completely for last month?

I have had similar issues to you. I had been taking codeine in the form of Nurofen plus for about 5 years. I have tapered down from 360mg to about 90mg. Can't seem to come off that last bit. Even though I suffered minimal side effects on my taper. I have cold turkeyed before and had 9 or 10 days of restless legs and INSOMNIA.

The not sleeping is what I dreaded so came off slowly. I know a fair bit about this issue from a professional sense.

After 2 weeks the physical effects should be clear.. maybe even after 8 or 9 days. Its not unreasonable to take a small night time dose of codeine.. ONLY at night and just reduce that. It will definitely help with the insomnia and RLS.

Some people do complete cold turkey even though I've done that before I couldn't do that now..

hope all is well

• Posted

Lack of sleep is a danger of your physical and mental health. Work on rest and if needed sleep during the day also. In the form of naps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.