TRAMODOL and Paracetmol

Posted , 11 users are following.

I went to the doctors today. She had give patches to put on my back but I saw the physiotherapst who said my pain was deep inside and gave me a tens machine. It works but if I take it off my pain comes back. I fractured the lower vertebrae after a fall. I am on tramodol and asked whether she might prescribe a stronger pain killer. I didn't think she would say yes. I was on Tramodol at first to use when  required then \i went on Tramodol regulary. My GP has now added Paracetamol I think 500mgs 2 tablets 4 times a day as she says this helps the tramodol to work better. I am too on antidepressants but my GP seems quite happy for me to continue on Tramodol. I am not too sure how Tramodol and antidepressants work by both my 2 GPs seem to be happy with this situation. I wonder if anyone has been prescribed Tramodol and then added Paracetamol to make the Tramodol work better. I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has had this combination. Tramodol does not help but my GP says with Paracetamol it will act better.

1 like, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

tramadol does nothing for my full on attacks pain gp wont give me anything else its been a rubbish drug for me 
  • Posted

Hi Jeanette,I used to take tramacet which is tramadol and paracetamol together untill I needed full tramadol 400mg daily along with gabapentin, then over the years slow release tramadol which is much better for me, I take after 14years 200mg slow release tramadol daily and tramadol drops (each drop is 12.5 mg) when needed, not often but when I do I know it's not a 50mg in one pill only 12.5mg drop,about the tens machine I have one that's far far stronger than yours,I had spinal stimulation surgery in Germany and yes they do it in UK but know one seems to talk about it,well I reduced meds on it and met other people in the hospital that cut out all meds.I have 2 wires in my spine one for each leg (nerve damage) attached to a nine year battery with memory in my bum cheek, it works on its own,I walk it send a different volts to each leg,I sit another voltage and so on,you programme it in hospital,when I have a bad day I turn it up further my self wirelessly, I also recharge my arse (😄) every 2 days wirelessly ,op was great,any info you need let me know I will gladly explain, enjoy your day ☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.