Trance

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had a few trance states in my past out of the blue I have anxiety disorder and OCD but when I had a trance state it felt like I had a black out it almost felt like I couldent see anything but i could almost like I was just staring and couldent get out of it then I get really scared and feel unreal can anyone relate? Is it basically like going unconscious but not 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I get like that. It's like my mind totally drifts off and I'm staring into total nothingness. When I eventually snap out of it I don't even know how long I was in the trance for.

I doubt it's anything to worry about. Maybe you have something in the back of your mind and suddenly your conscience focuses on it. 

Strange feeling tho

• Posted

yeh too much caffiene is a big no no for people with anxiety. i only stick to 1 or two cups a day.
  • Posted

i struggled with this for most of my life. one day i woke up and i didnt even know who i was. i didnt know my name, i didnt even now who my mom was. I did snap out of it after 5 minutes luckily. recently though i actually found out what it was. stress. if you get too stressed, you get too many thoughts and your mind needs a break from it all so it just shuts down for a minute or so. you either blackout or like me you just forget everything! you know when it happened i actually felt better for a while. i didnt know my name or what was going on but in a way it felt good for that brief moment. i had no worries, total bliss. anyways yeh, it is basically your mind thinking way too much and it cant take it. what i do now is i take supplements for focus and concentration, i find these help so much. the more i can think clearly the better i can control my negative thoughts and turn them into positive ones. anyways hope i helped.
  • Posted

Hi Trance,

From reading your post and your experience you may have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)

• Posted

Now I'm anxious as he'll I got diagnosed with anxiety disorder my childhood was fine I was a normal kid except anxious of course now I'm worried if I have autism
    • Posted

Hi George, this sounds exactly like anxiety, so I would try not to worry. Most people with anxiety experience a 'trance' like state/derealisation. It seems like your anxiety has got worse though, as you keep asking about this particular anxiety problem. I suggest you speak to your GP to get peace of mind. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.