Transcervical/hysteroscopic resection

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi my lovely ladies. I am wondering if there is anyone who underwent a transcervical resection procedure, please? If so, would you be so kind and share your experience/post surgery feelings/ pain/ recovery? I have a submucosal fibroid, 9cm (scan Dec-17), heavy bleeding, lower back pain, urinary urgency and no chance of getting pregnant. I was on Esmya but it failed to help. Looking into surgery options now. Also wonder what are the best surgeries to preserve a chance to get pregnant? Thank you so much for any comments and wish you all best of luck with your healing/recoveries 😊

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Is that a myomectomy? And the uterus is reconstructed? Iam not sure if that's another name for myomectomy with reconstruction of uterous. I really don't know. Good luck to you!

• Posted

Hi Catherine, I know, it's all very confusing, isn't it. This is the type where the fibroid is removed through vagina therefore no incision in abdominal wall is required and the uterus stays intact. It's mostly suitable for submucosal fibroid of certain size. Thank you for your comment smile 

• Posted

Hallo marie, is there somethingnlike reconstruction? As you explained that it is a process where fibroid is or are removed through vagina and therefore no incision in abdominal wall is required and the uterus stays intact......

Honestly Am surprised, to be sincere i have not heard about such.

I was just wondering if such exist why are women suffering, goinging one operation or the the other all in the name of fibrods and some women even lost their womb to it. Hmmm

Pleasw i need more information as regard to this andnif it yields positive result,then am of the opinion women suffering from fibroid go through this reconstruction even me.

Anyways i wish u the best and quick recovery. And i also await a positive response from you.

Stay healthy and good luck.

• Posted

Hi Jenny, I will write more later or tomorrow when I get a chance. It's more complicated and only suitable for some fibroids... I will explain further! Sorry, at work with no time... smile

• Posted

Hi Jenny, as far as I know the hysteroscopy can only be done for submucosal fibroid up to 10cm in size. Any other type of fibroid will not be suitable for this procedure. This is only based on a research that I have done. None of the doctors I saw so far suggested this procedure and I wonder why. It's quite commonly done in the UK. I had a quote from a private hospital for £1,950 plus extra for visit with a consultant and extra for additional tests if needed. I will update this forum once I know more. Might take a while as I can't just take time off work plus want to see a gp first to discuss if this could be done on nhs. But i am quite ready to pay for it myself as had enough of the discomfort! But again, just now, I am not sure I am a good candidate and if it can be done with all the other health issues I have.... good luck with anything you do!! ??😊

• Posted

What a wow marie such a huge sum...thanks for the response i hope to make more researches on it. Good luck in your appointment with your gp.

• Posted

Hello Marie,

I have had two separate TCRF procedures, about 8 years apart. The latest was a year ago, last March, and I had six fibroids removed of various sizes and types. As I recall, it was relatively non-traumatic - I had general anaesthetic and was admitted as a day case, and was home by the same evening. Recovery period went well, though in retrospect I think I should have given myself a little more time off work than a week (the general advice is 1 to 2 weeks, depending on your circumstances). I also had a Mirena IUS inserted at the same time.

Unfortunately (you may not want to hear this), I began bleeding heavily again 6 weeks after the operation - the GP kept telling me it was the Mirena, and that I needed to give it chance to settle down. I have had Mirena before, and I knew instinctively something was not right. To cut a long story short, by June I was flooding uncontrollably, in July, the Mirena was flushed out of my system in a rush of blood, by September I was diagnosed as severely anaemic and admitted to hospital for iron infusion, and a transvaginal scan revealed further multiple fibroids. So either these were missed in the original surgery or were too small to be identified at the time, and have grown since. So I am now considering laparascopic hysterectomy, as I am keen for an end to this once and for all. In the meantime, I have just completed one course of Esmya and am due to return to hospital for another scan next month to see if it has had any effect.

Having said that, my first resection seemed to keep fibroids at bay for the best part of 8 years, so who knows? I am increasingly of the opinion that emotions and lifestyle play a huge part in how our bodies respond to these procedures, so I am giving myself a break and trying to support myself holistically as much as I can by creating a healing environment for myself and giving myself some radical self-care. 

As you have one reasonably-sized fibroid (as opposed to multiple smaller ones like me), the TCRF is likely to be better for you - and it will at least preserve your uterus and your chances of becoming pregnant in the future.

All the very best with it all - go gently with yourself and here's to a fibroid-free future on the other side!

xxx

• Posted

Hi Diana, thank you so much for your reply! I am so sorry that your fibroids came back sad But I completely agree with you on the lifestyle influence! Since I have been diagnosed, I have been constantly reading up on any article/research etc in regards of fibroids and there is so much to it!! I believe our body is the best healer and would much prefer to help myself naturally...at the same time, I have a few other conditions and therefore my body may be struggling to heal. I have seen a YouTube video where a scientist pointed out that unless our gut (bowels) are healthy, we can't heal anything else in our body. He said that our bowels influence women's hormones a lot. I will definitely look into that. And cut out the stress!! I hope that I could get a few years break after the procedure (if I decide to go for it) and 8 years would be heaven! But knowing myself, it's probably not going to be that simple.

I am so sorry that you are considering hysterectomy but I completely understand! I've only been suffering for about 14months, with last 3 months being really bad, I haven't had children yet but at lowest points I was also thinking that I might just get rid of it all!! These are incredibly stressful things for any woman to go through sad Which in turn is probably making the fibroids worse...

I wish you best of luck, hopefully you can get some relief at long last! Thank you ever so much for your comment and lots of hugs 🤗 ??

• Posted

Hi Diana

so sorry for what you are going through now i could imagin your pains.but you know what just hang in there and fight the good fight to be healthy and hopefully all pains will be gone. Pleaae follow your appointment and ask all necessary questions and be clarified.

I wish you good luck.

• Posted

Has anyone had an open myomectomy? I have really large fibroids so I have to have a cut in my abdomen wall. Anyway iam scared,to death of surgery but iam also very tired of the heavyness. It feels like a Bowling ball in my tummy. I don't want to give up my uterous but willing to do the reconstruction. Any advice or experience with this is greatly appreciated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.