Transdermal Nerve Cream anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

I am approaching 8 weeks out from ORIF surgery for a broken fibula and torn tendons. My Dr called my injury "ballerina toes" ugh. Anyways, I just started partial weight bearing this week. Lots of swelling as to be expected however I have not regained feeling in my last 3 toes of my left foot since before surgery. My Dr has prescribed a transdermal compound nerve cream to rub on my foot. Has anyone had any luck with this? Now if only I could rub something on this depression lol. ....

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My doc gave prescribed diclofenac sodium topical gel. It's supposed to take the place of ibuprofen, but is messy, smelly, and stings. It's for inflamation.

• Posted

I like your sense of humor and I have to say, I read someone here got a prescription for topical cannabis. I say yes! My doc gave prescribed diclofenac sodium topical gel. It's supposed to take the place of ibuprofen, but is messy, smelly, and stings. It's for inflammation. 

• Posted

I would try the topical cannabis but I don't want to gain anymore weight lolsmile I checked the cream I have and it does have diclofenac along with gabbapentin...toes still numb but hopefully they'll come around. Thanks julie3591

• Posted

Well good to hear it. I have lots of time strategize here, so anything that helps, right?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.