Transeurthral resection

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had prostate surgery on May 2 2018. A month has passed and urin flow is worse than before surgery

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So sorry Jessie.  Maybe the body needs more time for swelling to come down.  But I know little to nothing compared to others here.
    • Posted

That's ok Paul. Guess I just need to vent. The anxiety has really gotten the best of me today. Wish I was a female now. Wouldn't be dealing with this crap. What a mess for most men to have to look forward too.

• Posted

What has your urologist said about that?
    • Posted

About being female? 🤣..just laughed and said females have lots of problems too. Just not with a prostate.

• Posted

Your prostate can be dense. Squeeze back down on you. If your urologist is one who cares about you he only removed enough tissue to relieve the stricture. He might have to go in and remove more matetial .
    • Posted

Oh , I agree. He's a good urologist I think. He did this surgery 7 years ago and it was great for 7 years. This is the 1st tome I've ever gone through that kind of pain though. The anxiety of all this has put my BP in uncharted territory for me though. Today it's been 145/90 most of the day. Have foam in my urin which makes the anxiety worse. I've had two triple heart bypasses over the last 14 years attributed to Agent Orange. Seems the more I take care of my health , the worse it gets. In a word " disgusted ".

• Posted

Hi Jessie,

It's only been a month since your TURP. Have you discussed your symptons and the recovery period with your doctor? How recently have you had a bladder scan to check for PVR? If not recently, you might want to do that ASAP to make sure you're not retaining too much urine. If you are, you may need a temporary Foley or learn how to self catherize yourself.

Jim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.