Transexual male with a question

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone. From the beginning I want to say this is not a joke, I'm just a curious person looking for an explanation. I am a transexual male, which means I was born with a woman's body and identify myself as male. I currently am, and I've been for 10 years now, in treatment with testosterone (testex, intramuscular). I had my chest removed, and also my uterus and ovaries, but I didn't had the ultimate surgery to build a penis because it has been cancelled in my country due to complications (as far as I know, the procedures we use today are not reliable and we should wait for future medical advances).

Now, the question. It doesn't bother me, or concerns me, but I'm very curious why it happens: anytime I drink alcohol, I get really arouse sexually (usually one beer is enough). I've been researching and it seems it has different effects to males and females, but I'm not supposed to produce hormones in any of those ways. It's not something psycological, it's physical. As I say, it's not a problem to me, but I like to understand what happens in my body, so, if anyone can refer me to some information that can be helpful, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.