Transureteroureterostomy and bladder reimplantaion HELP NEEDED

Posted , 1 user is following.

2 years i had the TUU and reimplatation. since then i have not seen the consultant who performed the surgery but have had 2 kidney scans (nuclear dye injection to show drainage)

the first one pre-op showed no change in kidney function. when i asked the SHO i spoke to why this was she said that due to the state of my mega ureters the op would have no chance of success .although she did hastily back track when i put it too her why was this op done then?

this set alarms bells ringing so for the last year and a bit ive been trying to see the consultant to ask him about this but my appointments have been cancelled or rearranged.

it finally came to a head yesterday when once again i travelled up to see him and he is on holiday. i saw the manager and said i specifically asked her to see him as the other Drs were only able to comment on the latest kidney scans.

i went in and saw a junior Dr who gave the latest (well i say latest, i had the test in April) and confirmed no change post-op. i asked him why had this op been done and he said there are 3 reasons:

1. recurring bladder infections
  2. renal reflux
  3. kidney function drop off

well this sent me mad!!! i dont have any of the above. the only time in last 10 years i have had bladder infections and drop off in kidney function was when this Dr gave me botox in the bladder and the staff discharged me without checking i was emptying my bladder. A week or so later i went to my local hospital to find i was leaving around 250 ml in my bladder so had to start catheterisation but infection,and a bad one at that, followed.

so my query is before i finally see the consultant,they have booked me in on Monday as the junior Dr said i have been messed about enough, have i been operated on unnecessarily??

the consultant also wanted to do a clam augmentation op on my bladder which i argued with a bit of help from google that my symptoms did not merit such a procedure which he agreed to not do the op so he has form with wanting me to cut me up!!

any help greatly appreciated

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.