Trapped kidney stone

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all I had a 5mm kidney stone a while back bout 4/5 months ago but I felt like I never passed it even tho I went back for a checkup and X-ray showed it had gone. But am sure I'd felt something that big!

I now have a lump on top of my right testicle which doctor said it looks like epididymatis can a trapped stone cause this? It wasn't until I left the doctors that I put this together.

I got a scan on 15th Feb to check the lump just feel really scared at the moment

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I just had a stone about that size too. I tried for 2 months to pass it to no avail. Doc told me it's about 50/50 to whether you can pass them at that size. I've passed 2 and 3 mm the same way your saying though. Went to doc and they said the stone was gone but I never even felt it pass so it is possible. Plus X-ray won't always show the stone. A CT scan is much better to make a definitive answer.

• Posted

Hi Shane

When I first went to the hospital over the kidney stone they put me in a CT scan and doctor showed me on the screen of a little white dot showing the stone. He said its 5mm big. I was thinking am never gonna pass that through the penis and if I do so am gonna be in pain! Well I never did I didn't feel anything. On the screen the doctor could tell where it was located and it was in the tube coming from the kidney to the bladder now am wondering if it's stuck! I recently found a lump on top of my right testicle doctor says it's a infection just wondering can a trapped stone cause this?

• Posted

As far as the infection I'm not really sure. The stone can take months to come all the way down the ureter though. I first felt mine around thanksgiving and it finally reached my bladder in mid January so they can take a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.