Trapped S1 Nerve

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

For the past 7 weeks I've been in a huge amount of pain, it's all down my left leg/foot.

I've had an MRI which confirmed a disc was pushing hard on the S1 nerve, I'm just waiting for an appointment with a consultant now.

I have absolutely no idea why this has happened though.... One morning I woke up and tried to sit up in bed and experienced pain like never before......

Can this just happen for no reason?

I was in a rear end car accident at the start of May 2012, could it be related even though it's about 8 months after this has happened?

I just wish I knew what I did or what happened to cause this all of a sudden?

Can anyone suggest some good exercises to do to help this condition?

Huge thanks in advance for any help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It can just happen ! It did to me.woke up one morn triex to get up and the pain was there.did you get sorted?Or still in pain?
  • Posted

Do not do any exercise until you have seen the consultant,you could make it worse.I am waiting to see mine,but at the moment taking every anti-inflammatory pills together with pain killers.I have tried physio,

acupuncture,tens machine and cupping.

I am wondering now if the chiropractor who I started to see last week has made it worse as I have been house bound with the worse pain ever this weekend 14/15th December.

Any suggestions from fellow sufferers?

It is good to know that I am not alone

• Posted

I have had 2 operations on disc that have bulged out within the space of a month 18 months ago, since then I have had a numb foot and pains down my leg that sometimes can be unbearable, been to see consultant 2nd Jan 14 been told now I have 2 prolapsed discs but they can't operate in due to having to open the same scar a third time, have to injection in spine or have disc fused, I know what your going through just be careful what pain killing tablets you are given pregabalin are knocking my for six. But not relieving the pain
  • Posted

On another note you can do something simple and slip a disc, do not do any manual handling at all and be Careful what you do, I don't want to panic you but I was told that if I get numbness on my back passage or You pee yourself without knowing get yourself straight to hospital and explain your situation, it can be dangerous if it gets to that stage

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.