Trapped wind

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's so early in the morning. For the last 2 hours I have been passing wind non stop. I can't go to the toilet as nothing comes out. It's making me feel a little sick and if I lay on my side then my stomach makes funny noises ... Why or what is happening ? I can't sleep as I can't get comfortable😔 please help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Air can get trapped in the transvers colon I thinks it called I've heard my dr speak of this as I have IBS and get a lot of gurgling and pain in my upper left stomach and also through to my back also stool can get trapped in this same spot so for me when this happens I have to take milk of magnesia to move things along also gas pills help for me good luck 
    • Posted

Yes it can also be a lack of water too

Are you drinking enough fluids.

Gueglings can come and go for me whether in relaxed or when I'm not good I pets only feel gurhling s unless acids coming up are not bad

Are digestive system is like a vlocano in many ways so gurglings can be normal too.

Pain under the right rib can be IBS and also if your passing wind a lot it could be just something has disagreed with you our you could just have a tummy bug how long as it been going on for

• Posted

I think when the stomach makes bubbling noises and squeaks it means its having trouble digesting something (for me dairy and beans do it) and a lot of wind.

If the bubbling continues I get diarohea later or acid reflux because the stomach is producing too much acid trying to digest stuff that it cannot.

I did lots of food tests. I drank skimmed milk and the bubbling started within an hour - its lactose causing the problem. Some dairy has a lot of lactose other dairy, like cheddar chees and parmisan have little. So I can eat some cheeses but not others and yoghurt is almost always a problem. Also they put skimmed milk into many dips and sauces and it is OFTEN a problem because it has tons of lactose in it.

• Posted

i get woken from 2 hrs sleep with the same pain or discomfort - i'm a wreck at te moment.....massage tummy get up drink warm water - all exhausting and being very stressed cos of a friend terminally ill does not help.

I'm very thin so cant afford to stop eating diff foods, try to enjoy what i can but stay off onion beans leeks and bread.

No easy answer   Good luck

• Posted

Hi tanya

I suffered for years with the same thing as well as really excruciating pain in my stomach and chest.  Two things helped me: firstly I went on the Harcombe diet and then I found a good reflexologist.  Don't know how they both worked but I no longer have the problem.  I recommended the Harcombe diet to my friend's husband who was on tablets for reflux.  He no longer takes the tablets and he lost weight at the same time.  Hope this helps. 

• Posted

As my case most time bloating and wind . My doctor said that i need some enzimes

due to shortages of naturally induced at stomach and pancreas or liver.

why this happen is because i eat only vegi. and bread for many years.

my wishes to heal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.