Trapped wind

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies

8 weeks A & P repair and feeling a lot better down below the only thing I am finding now is terrible trapped wind and bloating whether I take my morning half sachet of laxido or not.  It is relived by a bm which is in the evening but feel bloated and horrible all day  I have read that child's pose in yoga is a good exercise to try which I presume is OK to do   Any other ideas please x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Trapped wind is quite common following this surgery and you're right yoga will help. Try Buscopan or windeze that you can buy over the counter and perhaps cut out some roughage to see if that helps in the short term.
    • Posted

Ok thx matron I have been taking afew windeze tablets.  Does this surgery actually cause this problem as its only been the last week.  I do have ibs too so was confused which was causing it 
    • Posted

Hi diane. During your operation the surgeon pumps air into your pelvic cavity to part your pelvic organs so he can see what he's doing hence some of it gets trapped. Your bowel will also have been handled and that can cause a bit of spasm and wind tends to get trapped that way.
    • Posted

Hi Matron 

thanks for for that it just explains afew things hopefully it will settle down soon as with me being 8 weeks post op hopefully not much longer x

• Posted

Hi I am 6 weeks post op and still on/off struggling with this problem. I have no other pain as such now just pains in stomach which is bowel related and as you say relieved with BM.

i use lactulose but also recently discovered 'glycerin suppositories' which a very kind lady reccomended on this forum. They work within the hour (for me within 5 mins) and provide instant relief! You can buy from any pharmacy or Amazon. Produces a BM and also disperses wind.

i have tried EVERYTHING else, these seem to have had best results for me.

hope it eases soon xx

• Posted

hi jill

thx for that can you use as many as you need and guess you need to be at home at the time. It just rules your life it could spoil any days out too or holiday travel.  I hope it gets easier as the weather improves x

• Posted

I had a few problems with BM in the first few days after surgery.. Think some of it was my apprehension of going rather than being constipated.

All settled down now and being extra careful with my diet and drinking plenty. If I feel that it's a problem then I use a glycerine suppository and that just eases the situation and resolved within the hour. At least this way I don't have any problems with taking laxatives or softness which can upset your stomach.

Hope it resolved soon. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.